Official Virtual AMPEG Portaflex Club

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by adambomb, Sep 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adambomb

adambomb

BAM
    If you have the App Amplitube IOS or other Amp simulators you want to discuss this is the place, but foremost discussion on the B-15R and its sound.

If you have an actual B-15 and you also have the Amplitube B-15R please feel free to comment on how to get "that" tone.
    Post your settings to get "Your Tone"

Post audio clips as samples or just to rant about how much you don't like it.

I know its not a real club but we have a place to discuss without hogging JimmyM's Official "Real" AMPEG Portaflex Club thread.

I may open a thread called:
    AMP Sims: Amplitube, Ampkit, Jamup Pro XT and any other guitar/bass related APP's.
  2. Duke21

Duke21

Disclosures:
    Positive Grid Beta tester
    I'm in!!
    As you know, in the last two years I've been one of the most active in the various threads regarding iOS apps which emulate bass amps. I'm also (I believe) one of the strongest followers of Amplitube iOS and specially the Ampeg module based on the SVT CL before and the B15R now.
    My tone is to be found on my sig. Which right now is the B15R with my Rickenbacker 4003.
    I think we should limit this club to the virtual B15, which by now is limited to the endorsed B15R by Amplitube or the non endorsed B15 on Jamup Pro XT. I've them both.
    We can then discuss this two modules, the likes, the differences and the most interesting aspect, do they come close to a real B15.
  3. Duke21

Duke21

Disclosures:
    A new take/ idea, taken with the Geddy on Amplitube with the new B15R. Well, just an idea that jumped into my head. Kind of inspired by Mew - Apocalypso
    The first one is without the Møller OD:

Here is the same track but with the addition of the Møller OD:
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
  4. adambomb

adambomb

If anyone wants to know how to take a screen shot of your settings on iPhone or iPad......

Hold down the home button and then press the standby/power button next to the headphone jack.
    It will make a camera sound and the screen shot will then be located with the rest in photo album.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. adambomb

adambomb

Here is your number sir:
    Official Virtual Ampeg Portaflex Club member #0001010101011010101010111010101-02

You like the number system? :)
  7. adambomb

adambomb

Here's mine..... I also love the new moller pedal it's sweet
  8. Duke21

Duke21

Disclosures:
    Fine number system! :)
  9. Duke21

Duke21

Disclosures:
    Here is a slight remake of my "Zone 3" track, kind of to celebrate the new club.
    Recorded on the new B15R. First part is with only the B15R, second part is with the Fender Phaser and the Møller T-Rex OD.
  10. Duke21

Duke21

Disclosures:
    And here is my setup:
    [​IMG]
  11. PrietoBass

PrietoBass How does he do that? Supporting Member

Subbed! ;)

Ooops! I took the liberty of assigning my own number... :D
  12. Duke21

Duke21

Disclosures:
    Well it is nice to have a member which is also a member of the real portaflex club. ;)
  13. adambomb

adambomb

At so kay

I may have missed it......which b-15 model/make do you have?
  14. PrietoBass

Sorry folks... no B-15.

Jimmy said PF-350/500 owners could join the club. I have the PF-350 head and PF-115HE cab.

I just don't have a few grand to spend on a B-15 at the moment... AMS' payment plan could make it possible at some point, but that's maybe well into the future.

But... all hope is not lost. I DO have the B-15R AT model, which I paid all of $4.99 for. :D

Am I still welcome here? :bag:
  15. Duke21

Duke21

Disclosures:
    Well, the PF350 is not a B15 but it is a portaflex. Anyway the B15 on AT is a real virtual Portaflex! :)
  16. PrietoBass

Alrighty then! :bassist:
  17. PrietoBass

Any particular reason you guys have EQ before compression in your chain?
  18. E.J. T.N.T.

E.J. T.N.T.

I have been using amplitube for a looooong time now even though I have been favouring the SVTCL model more. However I have used the B15 model whenever I use my P-bass with flats going after more vintage-y tones. Most of the time I just use the existing presets(man, those are useful), especially the 60's b15-2 but I also have a more rock orientated custom preset that is essentially based on the SVTCL-Rock2 preset. Here are some sound samples.

and something a little more rocking
  19. Duke21

Duke21

Disclosures:
    I do not use EQ, and the compression which usually of is first. Adam use EQ, not sure why EQ comes before the compressor.
  20. adambomb

adambomb

I really don't need it now since the 30 pin upgrade but, I used to use it as a kind of noise filter. I didnt like the noise filter provided (noise was obviously a problem for the irig everyone talks of the annoying hiss) because, a bass guitar typically runs in the 4.4Hz and down to around 40Hz. I found with the 6.4Hz slider dropped all the way down it took care of all the hiss without destroying the high end of my signal.
    When the provided noise filter was engaged at its lowest setting, it did the job of getting rid of the hiss but it sounded muddy and bland.
  21. adambomb

adambomb

Oh and I didn't want to compress the hiss I wanted the cleaner signal compressed. Running an EQ after that would be fine I guess but I do the rest of the tweaking with the bass's EQ and the amp sim's tone controls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.