1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Oh MWAH goodness - Fretless NBD

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by progrmr, Jan 18, 2013.

1. progrmr

progrmr

Oh man - I've been wanting a solid fretless without breaking the bank. Found this today browsing the local CL.

I had to sell my Peavey T-40 - that bass was freakin awesome but it was just too stupid heavy. So I sold it and drove straight over to this baby's now previous owner to pick it up.

It's a Cort Artisan B4FL - Just WOW is all I can say about it. It needed a bit of tweaking on the truss rod but had flats on it already. Only 1 gouge in the neck between E and A strings.

I like to do walking Jazz/Blues bass - also enjoy the old school jazz guys like Paul Chambers and Ray Brown. This Cort isn't a DB but I can still get the MWAAAAH!!! It sounds sooo good on the kind of bass I like to play. :bassist:

I love it - $300 with new condition HSC. An excellent deal. Here's some pics for you all to drool over - It's straight up bass sex!! MWAH ON!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. TheMightyWoot1

TheMightyWoot1

That's a beauty for sure! Congrats!
  3. steelbed45

steelbed45 TRemington Supporting Member

Very nice ! :)
  4. mjac28

mjac28 50th Anniversary Ed Sullivan February 9, 1964 Gold Supporting Member

Wow that's nice congrats love that wood.
  5. gumbynotpokey

gumbynotpokey

I just LOVE the look of that thing.

Ok, so flats?

Also, tell us about the pu's.

CONGRATS, BRO.
    :bassist:
  6. 4stringfiend

4stringfiend

Oh wow thats nice! If it had a 5th string I would get it
  7. progrmr

progrmr

Thanks!

Pickups are Bartolini MK 1 - I really want to go DB but I figured this would be a nice filler until I can save up the dough for a decent upright. So this bass sounds "electric" but the MWAH gives the tone that upright feel.

I don't like fretless for rock but for jazz and blues - I think it's a perfect fit.
  8. Silver Blues

Silver Blues

Ooohh!! That's fantastic. If it had an inline headstock you might find yourself missing a bass tomorrow :D

--Silvie
  9. BassBus

BassBus

Nice bass indeed. Can you tell me the width of the nut?