1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

oh my back... GBE 1200 >?????

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by 1Drop, Nov 13, 2013.

1. 1Drop

1Drop

Been using the "tank" gbe 1200 for a few years now. Love everything about it but the load outs etc.... I'm ready to go lightweight although I'll be keeping the gbe for backup as I've never had an issue with it or the GBE 600 I had before. Been using strictly GB gear for almost ten years now. Never had to call the factory for anything.. I'm a fan for sure. I usually run one gb 2X12 but occasionally bring two. I've never turned the volume past 3 with the pre gains set at 12 oclock, so obviously the gbe has been way overkill for my needs. Whats the closest tonewise in the GB lightweight line up, keeping in mind I'll need 2 ohm capability from time to time? IS the shuttlemax 12 my only option for 2 ohm loads? I like the idea of "bi amping" with the stl 12 but something just rubs me the wrong way about these new fangled lightweights. I don't really trust the reliability, but I don't really trust my back when I'm hefting the big boys either. That dang head weighs more than my cab! Any feedback from folks who went from the GBE to some skinny skank and was OK with it? Play mainly funk and reggae with a Thumb 5er.
  2. Hapa

Hapa

Disclosures:
    Bass Industry guy, currently a free agent
    ShuttleMax 12.2
  3. 1Drop

1Drop

Differences between the 1200 and the 12.2? I'm seeing lots of cheap used 1200's, not so much on the 12.2.

Thanks!
  4. svtb15

svtb15

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist:Alleva-Coppolo| MESA |Genz-Benz R.I.P.|REDDI|Westone
    ShuttleMax 12.2
  5. WardEarth

WardEarth

I play a Shuttle 9.0 and I think its a killer little amp. Its simple, but has features I like. Aux in, headphone out, etc. Maybe, i'd like something with a little more power someday, but then again I haven't tried it at 4 ohms yet. I also play a 2x12 and a warwick fortress.

Or you could work out some kind of a dolly. Or put wheels on your cab if you dont already have them.