1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

OH NO! A guitar!

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by fireandbass, Dec 14, 2013.

1. fireandbass

fireandbass

Hey all, I am looking to have a custom guitar built, and I thought you guys might be able to give me some incite. I have done the mockups and such, but i am having a tough time deciding on woods and color. So I thought Id' get some opinions.

Specs so far are:

Quilt maple top, Body wood either Wenge, or Swamp ash with a Black Grain Filler. ( thats where i need some input)

Wenge/flame maple/purple heart neck-through with extended cutaway, wenge fretboard scalloped from 12+, stainless frets, 26.5-25 fanned fret scale.

Variax electronics transplant with custom wound P-ups.

Body will be heavily chambered for all the electronics to fit.

What do you all think about the body wood choice? Im looking for pros/cons of each.

also, color options, what do you guys think looks the best? Headstock would match. I'm narrowing it down, i have a few i really like, just looking for input. all would have natural binding.

Thanks!

[​IMG]
  2. lbridenstine

lbridenstine

3. fireandbass

fireandbass

Im a sucker for natural finishes. I really like that one, and the dark green one.
  4. lbridenstine

lbridenstine

I also like the brown one and the purple if it were a darker shade. I'm really into just plain natural finishes the most too, though. I like the wenge back.