1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Oh noes!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by eveilleu, Dec 28, 2013.

1. eveilleu

eveilleu Supporting Member

Oh noes! I was moving stuff around, playing with my EHX Deluxe base big muff to see if I should keep it or sell it (gonna sell it). You know, just having fun, playing around with pedal order and what not.. then this happened!!!

IMG_20131228_223705.jpg

Free space!!

I was about to go grab an MXR octaver, even asked some questions about it in another thread, but then it hit me. Since I'm pretty new to effects I have a feeling there's something awesome out there that I don't even know about! Something that could fill that hole. Thrumpinator? Chorus? Who knows!

If you had these 4 pedals and could only add one more what would it be?

I'm playing a little muse, a little pearl jam, rhcp, Cage The Elephant (come a little closer is hard!), black keys, green day, trying some U2 and a tad of avenge seven fold... throw in some oldies in there and you get the idea.

1 pedal, what would it be?
  2. Bama

Bama Supporting Member

I've just started a my pedal collection this year as well. I would definitely recommend the MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe, or the MXR Bass Envelope Filter. You would most likely get more use from the chorus, but the envelope filter is fun to mess around with. I noticed you have the B7K. I have the B3K and that is by far probably the best bass overdrive I have ever heard. The thing is is you can take from a little bite, to overdrive, to all out fuzz. Great Pedal!!!
  3. DirtyDuke

DirtyDuke Supporting Member

I was gonna say flanger but the mxr bass chorus deluxe can do both.

Or a dedicated overdrive like the vintage
  4. Rockin Mike

Rockin Mike Supporting Member

Put a hundred pedals in there. Line 6 M5.
  5. DirtyDuke

DirtyDuke Supporting Member

6. Bassmike62

Bassmike62

Hmm...chorus, octave, flanger, phaser and filter are good effects to have. Couple of options: a dedicated pedal for one of these (I'd go for the MXR bass chorus deluxe, which has a flanger switch !) or the multi fx Zoom MS60B, which gives you all and more to play with.

Choices, man, choices.... stu le fun !!!
  7. Swift713

Swift713

8. Johno Dunn

Johno Dunn

^^This!^^
  9. Need Gigs

Need Gigs

Take a look at the Iron Ether pedals. Don't say I didn't warn you...:)
  10. eveilleu

Thanks, I'll look into the chorus, have no idea what a flanger does :(

fun times indead.

Dang, I need to spend less time shopping and more time practicing!

Edit: Oh crap! http://ironether.com/pedals/ I was wondering what those 2 on top of yaksonator's board where.
  11. jumblemind

jumblemind I also answer to Bryan Supporting Member

+1
  12. eveilleu

Octomizer on the way.

After thinking about it a long time I figured I could spend hours just playing arround with a zoom 60b, I'd rather spend that time practicing!

Thanks a lot guys!
  13. aguacateojos

aguacateojos Supporting Member

Just keep in mind that IE isn't currently producing pedals. Heck, might give you time to save up!
  14. Turtle71

Turtle71

Another vote for the MS-60B...Tons of cool effects on board.
  15. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    John K Custom Basses
    if you're looking for a chorus, I can recommend the tech21 bass boost chorus. for me it's the best bass chorus that I've ever owned besides my vintage rackmount loft 440 that I bought new in 1975 (and I still have it ;)).
  16. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    My choice would like be an OC-2. Never liked chorus, and you already have fuzz, OD, and an envelope filter.

EDIT: $190 for a Bass Boost Chorus? Oochamagoocha!!! I'd rather get one of those Joyo CE-2 clones ;)
  17. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    John K Custom Basses
    yeah, well, it's way, way better than my Tonepad CE-2 (modded for bass and built with all NOS OEM components) and I really like my CE-2.
  18. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Fair enough. I guess I just never liked chorus enough to want to spend real money on one.
  19. NoxNoctus

NoxNoctus The Crushinator Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Had to :p

Free Space on my board is like a hideous thing that must be replaced immediately haha
  20. Bassmike62

Bassmike62

Actually had a dream once because of free space on my board. Bought a BF-3, which lasted about a year and was traded away for a block 90.