Ohio Bassist Club

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Auzzie-Phoenix, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auzzie-Phoenix

Auzzie-Phoenix

Just showing some appreciation for bassists in the state I live in. If you are a bassist living in the state of Ohio, this club's for you. Chime in, and while you're at it, assign yourself a number. Just make sure you announce your number to make it easy on folks who are new. Who knows, maybe you can meet some new people and talk over a few beers or something. Also, feel free to talk about favorite techniques, hangouts, styles, and anything related to your bass playing.

Note to Mods: If I have posted this in the wrong forum, please move to the appropriate forum and send a pm letting me know where it has been moved. I'm assuming that this club is new and not pre-existing as search did not provide a relevant result with a live thread.

Auzzie-Phoenix: Columbus, OH (Ohio Bassist Club Member #1)
  2. gweimer

gweimer

Count me in. I'm looking for a band up here. In the meantime, I hit the jam nights at The Thirsty Whale on Eakin Rd. on Thursdays, and the Corner Cafe on Sullivant on Sundays.
  3. Auzzie-Phoenix

Auzzie-Phoenix

Welcome to the club. You are member #2. The funny thing is that I actually know where both of those places are... though haven't been near them in ages. I usually hang out at darker places like outland (they moved due to imminent domain being claimed on the old property by the city). Great to see another ohio bassist!!!
  4. sedan_dad

sedan_dad

OK boys ,I'll play.
    I play most every weekend but I do partake in the Jam at the Thirsty Ear on sundays when I can.
    I've played this town since the mid 70's.
    I'm currently with Terry Davidson and the Gears.
  5. Lincoln

Lincoln Supporting Member

Well, it's nice to hear from more of us rare bread Ohio bassists!

I live in Akron and do most of my gigging in Cleveland - currently with the Rhythm Syndicate. 2-3 weekends a month and I'm on the worship team at my church.

I've done the jazz thing and currently do blues, funk,r&B and swing in the band.
  6. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Albums:
    yeah man i'm up in Cleveland. My main gigs playing with Kate Voegele among other projects i'm involved in up here.
  7. EagleMoon

EagleMoon Supporting Member

Count me in as one of the southwest Ohio members. :bassist: What number am I?
  8. capnsandwich

capnsandwich

Church bassist in Delaware County. I'm in a band but we're in the studio more than we're playing out. Gimme a number, pleeeez!!!
  9. PhilRitter21

PhilRitter21

Count me in! Im playing the Toledo area.
  10. Auzzie-Phoenix

Auzzie-Phoenix

Okay, I'll get numbers out to you... just have to make a list here... All of you replied to the thread while I was at work, so I'm just now checking in.

I spend my days noodling around the fretboard, as I no longer have interest in being in a band. I figure as long as I learn to play what I want to play, I'm happy. Just playing for the sake of enjoyment.

I'll pm with numbers shortly.
  11. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Yo. Columbus/central Ohio here. Play pretty much every weekend in a cover band called The Jack.
  12. Auzzie-Phoenix

Auzzie-Phoenix

We're off to a good start!!! This is the first full day that the OBC has been active, and we have 9 members already. Great to see everyone coming out of the woodwork.

Member list is as follows:

Auzzie-Phoenix #1
    Gweimer #2
    Sedan_Dad #3
    Lincoln #4
    Markjazzbassist #5
    Eaglemoon #6
    Capnsandwich #7
    PhilRitter21 #8
    Eric Moesle #9
  13. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

Might as well get on board meself. Blimp city boy...was in a mod/hard rock band covers and originals but now in a new formed Power blues/rock trio that looks like will be calling itself....Etched in Blue.
  14. nysbob

nysbob

I reside in Cincinnati, Ohio and play the bass with varying degrees of success, so......SIGN ME UP.
  15. gweimer

gweimer

Never play poker with nysbob. He's probably an expert bluffer. And one of the best bass player's I've seen work up on the 12th fret zone.
  16. nysbob

nysbob

You are too kind, Gary.
  17. Ian Perge

Ian Perge

If my count's correct I'm #12: Akron/Cleveland-based Buckeye bassist here - I moved to Ohio from the NYC area to be with my extremely better half. ;) I've mainly been focused on my own writing/recording project demoing at home, but I have a few stand-in gigs that I'm "on-call" for as well as a few solo bassist shows I've preformed for charity (mainly post-Katrina).

Also always up for a Northern Ohio GTG should people want to suffer through my "Guitar Center chops"... :D
  18. Lincoln

Lincoln Supporting Member

Anyone know if Doug Johns or Michael Berrick are TBers? They're Northern Ohio boys too.
  19. CincyBassMan

CincyBassMan Supporting Member

If I've counted right, I'm Lucky 13! If thats OK...:D
  20. CElton

CElton Supporting Member

I guess I'll take #14.

Cincinnati area here...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.