1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Ohms question for my rig

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by RadioRob, Jan 8, 2013.

1. RadioRob

RadioRob Supporting Member

I have an Ampeg B2R rated out at 200w 8ohm and 350w 4ohm.
    The cab is Crate BX410 400w 8ohm
    To get the max out of this would I just get another 8ohm speaker with one plugged into the other or one out of each output on the Ampeg?
  2. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

If I'm not mistaken you could run it either way to get the 4 ohm load. I would look for another Crate BX410 to have it make the most band for your buck.
  3. RadioRob

Would any 8 ohm do or does it have to be the same make? Or could I add a deferent size speaker with like a 15 and tweet at 8 ohm?
  4. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

5. bass10bfb

bass10bfb Prophet Low End Provider Supporting Member

I am pretty sure jlepre is right; you can daisy chain from cab to cab, or use the outputs of the head. Either way will make it 4 ohms, which with that head, is the max it could go as far as power.
  6. RadioRob

I have seen the stickies but it did not make it clear in any one post.
  7. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

That's why you have to read all of the posts! :D