1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

oil finish stingray neck owners....some questions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BrandonBass, Dec 17, 2013.

1. BrandonBass

BrandonBass Supporting Member

Its been a year since I used the tru oil on my stingray neck. I find that the birchwood casey's neck cannot be closed real right, it has this really wierd locking mechanism. And when I opened it up today, I can feel a layer of dried coating above the oil, is this normal?

Also, is it worth getting the birchwood casey wax as well? my bass does fine without it, just wondering
  2. spufman

spufman Supporting Member

If I don't use mine for a while, it develops a surface film. The wax is great stuff, you should get it and occasionally buff. A very little goes a long way.