1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

ok, I'm gonna be a whiny little bitch here, but...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bassinplace, Nov 13, 2012.

1. bassinplace

bassinplace

Why do folks when selling a bass have a need to take a photo of it laying on the ground? On the ground! Lawn, outdoor deck, woodpile, what have you. That's no way to treat a thing of beauty! Give it the respect it deserves! :p Hurts me a little every time I see it. What a shame. Rant over. ;):p

2. PazzoBasso

PazzoBasso

I was gonna say - STOP WHINING!!!

But I kinda agree... I really don't care what folks to with their stuff, but have the decency to wear shoes if your unkempt feet are going to sneak into the picture...

I wouldn't likely put my bass(es) in too many of those situations... and if i was snapping a few "sell shots" - I'd want to show it off in the best possible light & away from harm...

3. preside

preside

outdoor light??

4. PazzoBasso

PazzoBasso

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. lfmn16

lfmn16 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    I'm a Fuzzrocious-aholic. It's been one week since I bought my last Fuzzrocious pedal.
    I agree. I saw some ding dong with his bass leaning up against his brick house!

As long as we're whining, I hate when an ad uses the word rare. Rare sunburst, rare color, rare year, rare this, rare that; and there are probably a dozen more just like it on TB and Gbase.

7. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist Gold Supporting Member

that's why i photograph mine on my cow hide couch, because the couch is rare, but the bass isn't

8. VitalSigns

VitalSigns

HEY YOU SAID BITCH!

:D

9. matante

matante

Agreed. If you lay your bass on concrete to take the "for sale" pic, it shows you don't bother to take care of it.

10. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Supporting Member

Nino Valenti always took pictures of his basses on the floor......and I'm pretty sure he takes pretty good care of them. Many of the professional pictures you see of basses are actually shot with the bass laying on the floor. Personally, I always take pictures of mine on the stand, but I've really never given a second thought to those that don't.

11. matante

matante

On a carpeted floor? On concrete?

12. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Supporting Member

Nino? Hardwood. I've not seen many people take pictures of a bass on a concrete floor, although laying one on a polished concrete floor would pose minimal risk.

13. bassistjoe93

bassistjoe93

If I take pics of a bass on the ground, its in the grass where I have determined there are no sticks, mud, rocks, or dog poo. Otherwise, I take pics in a stand outside.

14. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

I agree when I see a bass photographed on concrete or any such material I walk away it doesn't make sense to me.

15. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member

I thought I was the only one who thought that way. I hate seeing someones hairy, crusty feet with crusty yellow toenails in the bottom of any picture.

16. letsrumble

letsrumble

Agreed. I don't like seeing basses propped up against anything where they can get damaged. I just imagine the scratches and scuffs happening on the back side. :scowl: The feet thing is gross too, whether said feet are taken care of or not. :atoz:

17. 6jase5

6jase5 Mammogram is down but I'm working manually Supporting Member

I prefer to float mine in the pool, giving a nice reflected overall sheen to the picture. It also cleans the bass a bit.

18. Kwesi

Kwesi Supporting Member

The most questionable surface I've put a bass on to photograph was my deck (painted). Of course, I'm SUPER careful not to scratch anything. With poly finishes there less to worry about though. I've seen quite a few folks lay their bass on concrete and it freaks me out a bit.

19. bassinplace

bassinplace

That one's a keeper! ;)

20. bass12

bass12 Fueled by chocolate Supporting Member

I also don't like to see basses sitting on the strap pin. Just the idea of the bass being plonked down on that pin makes me shudder a bit.

21. bolophonic

bolophonic

These things aren't made out of silk, you know.