Ok, I'm pretty happy now(bass/rig/effects content-with pics)!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pbass6811, Mar 4, 2014.

1. pbass6811

pbass6811 Supporting Member

Media:
    Well, I'll never say that I'm totally GAS-free, but this is as close as I've ever been! Just wanted to share...

Rig:
    [​IMG]

Effects:
    [​IMG]

Bass(es):
    [​IMG]

Haven't had a chance to use the amp yet, I just got it. I know there's at least 1 pedal I'm probably going to replace, AND I will probably ADD another Dingwall and another NEO 212 as soon as the funds allow, BUT I'm good with what I've got at the moment...:bassist:

I still have my Genz Benz Shuttlemax 12.0 and my LDS 1212/6, which I'll use for my practice rig, so I should be set for a while. Feels good not to be dying for something new! ;)
  2. volerium

volerium

Very nice set up. Those cabs are 15 and 410?
  3. skidmarkbass

skidmarkbass

4. MCS4

MCS4 Supporting Member

Nicely done. The color coordination between the rig, basses, and pedals -- particularly the touch of blue/green on both the pedalboard and one bass -- is killer.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. simenandreas

simenandreas

Sweet!! Please tell me, how is the combustion compared to the abz? Very interested in a dingwall! :)
  7. pbass6811

Media:
    Thanks! Much appreciated!

Actually, it's a 112 and a 212! It sounds KILLA'! While I certainly wouldn't scoff at anyone for rocking a 410/115 combo, these 12's are just awesome! These cabs can pump as much low end as I want and still have the upper mids to cut! Plus, these two cabs together weigh less than the Mesa 410 that's sitting in my garage, LOL! :bassist:
    Thank you, sir!

Thanks! I hadn't really noticed that, but since you mentioned it, it does kinda flow...:D

Well, the ABZ seems to be a little "tighter" than the Combustion, in other words, I feel like it's a bit clearer in the low end and the high end isn't as sizzly. I think the Combustion can growl a little more, especially if you get one with the active/passive setup. The ABZ also feels more "substantial". I don't mean it's heavier, it's not, it just feels like it was put together better. Having said that, the Combustion is very well crafted for the money, I'd put it up against any bass in that price range or maybe even a little more.

I'd consider buying another Combustion(I'm kind of, sort of, half-@$$ed interested in the NG-2 that's coming out), if I wasn't pretty much set on an AB-I! I highly encourage you to give the Dingwall a try. The fanned frets are a breeze and that B string is UNREAL! :bassist:
  8. pedroims

pedroims

Sweet, like it ..congratulations for very nice rig
  9. Marko5657

Marko5657 Supporting Member

Nice indeed. :)
  10. Apolicious

Apolicious

Dang, I'd be happy too. That's fantastic.
  11. simenandreas

simenandreas

Thanks! Yeah, the NG-2 looks promising! :D
  12. pbass6811

Media:
    Thanks, guys, I appreciate that. I just wish it hadn't taken me eons and a bazillion dollars to figure this out, LOL! I'll still do little tweaks here and there, but I'm good right now.:bassist:

I'm still going AB-I, but the more I look at the NG-2, the more I dig it...