1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

ok so i heard alot of people dont like.....

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by s_mcsleazy, Oct 19, 2010.

1. s_mcsleazy

s_mcsleazy

amps that are covered in that kinda carpet stuff (i dont know the correct name) and for ages i agreed because every 2 weeks id have to hoover the cab because it got fluff on it BUT i was tidying up and i realised somthing.

velcro sticks rather well to it (well the hook side not the fluffy side) so i decided to see what i could stick to it and heres what happend

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i was able to stick my pedal board and a power strip to the cab. saves me a journy + space when going to play a show. just thought id share that with you all

now im off to go stick velcro to a cow and see if i can stick that to my cab
  2. steamthief

steamthief

Pure awesome!
  3. s_mcsleazy

s_mcsleazy

im glad someone thinks so

for all those people who dont like making multipul journys from the car to the stage then do this
  4. Selta

Selta

Disclosures:
    Uncompensated endorsing user: EBMM
    * a lot
  5. Bassmec

Bassmec

Disclosures:
    Proprietor Springvale Studios
    Veritably a work of great genius mcsleazy.
    Have you per chance seen my handy "intestinal gas powered cabinet hoist invention sir!":D
    [​IMG]
    Requires a small dietary adjustment at present.:D
  6. s_mcsleazy

s_mcsleazy

so that thing is powered by pure gas

could work for me
  7. totallyfrozen

totallyfrozen

+10!
    I never hated the black fuzz covering personally. Not a fan of vinyl, though.

Hey, maybe if you make a shirt of Velcro hook, you won't have to carry the cab at all...just stick it to your back and away you go! :D
  8. WMV2

WMV2

You sir, are a genius. Develop a more streamlined system, patent it, and license it out to companies.
  9. s_mcsleazy

s_mcsleazy

thats a million doller idea

or a 875000 ish (once the tax man is done)
  10. eSmith

eSmith

How do you get the stink of the tavern off of it after you bring it home or do you just leave it outside?

Velcro sticks to it... so does beer, which I think is the big reason a lot of people don't like it.

That idea however is great.

-eSmith.
  11. Gearhead17

Gearhead17 Supporting Member

Agreed! This idea is really cool - never thought of that!

A scented candle, a closed off room, romantic music, all for your bass rig for just a few hours of alone time.....ha! Scented candle could work really well.
  12. s_mcsleazy

s_mcsleazy

well my amp head used to be used to smuggle a particular plant into and out of shows (previous owner) and still smells of said plant even tho ive cleaned it out like 6 times

but to get the smell out the cab i use fabreese
  13. Mr. Foxen

Mr. Foxen

Disclosures:
    Amp tinkerer at Ampstack
    I sometimes use a VT bass as a preamp, sticking it to the fluffy rack case of my power amp gives me not having to stoop style tone adjustment.
  14. AMp'D.2play

AMp'D.2play Supporting Member

necessity is the mother of invention!
  15. oddio

oddio

I liked the Mothers more when Roy Estrada played bass... :D
  16. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

I like rat-fur cabinet covers much better than Tolex®. I've never ripped any of my carpet covered cabinets covering off, but was constantly re-gluing Tolex® when I had it. Plus, I use a Velcro® strip to hold the cable going into my amp from wandering around, as a strain relief, as well as a strain relief for the heavy speaker cables in the back. Gets the pressure off the cable where it enters the plugs.

That funky bar smell accumulated on vinyl covered stuff too (as well as leather straps, case lining, clothes, etc.) Fortunately in Illinois it's illegal to smoke in bars now so the only smells I gotta deal with are drummers.

John
  17. Evil Undead

Evil Undead

I have a book called velcro cows.

Irrelevant, but entertaining!
  18. pasta4lnch

pasta4lnch Supporting Member

I discovered this w/ my avatar cab - fwiw I didn't leave the pedals on the cab, took them off after every gig - now the rat fur is all mangled and starting to come off ...
  19. DougD

DougD Bassman7654 Supporting Member

The rat fur is more versatile as you have proven:) I personally don't mind it. But if you ever intend on flipping a cab it's better not to have it. Because the throng of bedroom players just gotta have something that looks cool sitting in the corner :)
  20. sleepytime

sleepytime

Line-X ftw!