1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Okay then....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by millsbass5, Sep 11, 2013.

1. millsbass5

millsbass5

2. bassie12

bassie12

Geeez... It's not even NICE koa...
  3. Wallace320

Wallace320

Ok: KOA Bodies are almost illegal nowadays for environmental protection limit

But there's an SPB3 (Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound split P) over there: it doesn't look so "faithfully original"

JMHO here of course

Cheers,
    Wallace
  4. jim777

jim777 Tarantula Lobbyist Supporting Member

Beautiful and rare bass, but that price is crazy lol.
  5. bassmalone4

bassmalone4

Bet that thing sounds like it was soaked in honey.
  6. lug

lug

Huh? What does "almost illegal" mean? I know you can still order Koa bodies and necks from Carvin according to their website.
  7. bassie12

bassie12

Koa from Hawaii is very well regulated and documented. It is expensive, but available. A number of Asian acacia species have been passed of as koa in recent years.
  8. Nobody

Nobody

It's like when a guy almost gets a girl pregnant. ;)

Koa is beatiful. I had an Ibanez ATK500 that had a Koa top. One of the ones I shouldn't have let go. :crying:
  9. jim777

He also has "BRAZ" in the description, which hints at a Brazilian fretboard. I don't know if that was ever available from Grecco, but if so that would really be something. Possibly something difficult to ship as well.
    Fuji-Gen Gakki was absolutely putting out beautiful top quality work in '80 though. The '78-'82 period they were trying really hard to show the world they could compete with the very best because Ibanez was demanding it.
  10. Bassman Spiff

Bassman Spiff

After clicking on the link, it appears to have been sold.
  11. jim777

Someone may have told him that bass isn't going anywhere if it's got a Brazilian board on it.