1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Old Fender Knock off Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pharmdur, Oct 14, 2013.

1. pharmdur

pharmdur

I have an old Japanese Fender Knock off bass I bought as a young man at 1960-61. I found the bass in my basement a few months ago had it checked out, set up and put new string on. Everything works perfectly and it sounds great ( maybe the aged wood). The bass has no labels, Markings or names of any type. I did see an article in bass magazine a few weeks ago about an old Japanese bass. The bass looked exactly like my bass but had a different pickup.I would love to get additional info on my bass. Is there an area or a person to whom I could send some pictures to review?
    Many Thanks
    Pharmdur
  2. C.Linton

C.Linton Supporting Member

You could try posting them here. I'm sure you could get someone to at the very least point you in the right direction. You may have to take it apart a bit to for the experts here to get a look at the insides of the body and/or neck pocket.
  3. SR505bassman

SR505bassman

Could be totally wrong, but I bet it is a Teisco bass. Do a search for images and I bet you find some pics that look similar to what you have. I have one from 1965 and love it. Good luck with the search!