1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

For Sale Old German Bass WITH FLIGHT CASE

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses & Bows' started by irbassist, Jan 16, 2014.

1. irbassist

irbassist

Jun 17, 2009
    Boston, MA
    Price:
    $10k
    Hi!

I'm currently selling my old German bass. The instrument has a lot of character and is a great all around bass. It is an ideal instrument for a very serious student or anyone who wishes to bring their playing to the next level. It has present sound and projects very well. For orchestral work the bass also has a nice punch to it. It is not a huge instrument so it is easy to get around but it does have a big sound. I have had the instrument for 6 years and it has helped me get into many summer music festivals and into Boston University (where I am studying now). I have played quite a bit of jazz on the instrument as well and it has proved to be and excellent jazz bass.

Over the course of those 6 years I have owned the bass I have had no major issues. I had a small open seam once (quick and easy fix) but that came from moving to a drastically different climate for school. It's a durable instrument and has been taken care of very well. In the time that I have owned it I have had a new ebony fingerboard installed, new bridge adjusters, new tailpiece wire, and a new sound post.

The top is Spruce and the back and ribs are Maple.
    Dimensions:
    Body Length - 42"
    Upper Bout Width - 19.5"
    Lower Bout Width - 25"
    Rib Depth - 8"
    String Length - 41"

I am selling a flight case with this bass as my current bass (which is much larger than this bass) does not fit this case. The case is an older model of a David Gage case. I have flown with it multiple times with out any damage to the bass!

Asking Price: $10k for the bass and the case

Located in Boston, MA until June and then Dallas, TX for the summer. If you are interested please contact me and you can come try out the instrument.

Pictures: Dropbox - German Bass

bass comp.jpg

-Pete Walsh

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
    bass08053 likes this.
  2. noah harrington

noah harrington

Mar 9, 2014
    Hi Pete, Interested in checking out this bass. How can I reach you? Noah H.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

4. irbassist

irbassist

Jun 17, 2009
    Boston, MA
    Hi Noah,
    I sent you a PM

5. Hi @irbassist, I'm currently looking for a German bass in this same price range. Is the bass still available?

6. irbassist

irbassist

Jun 17, 2009
    Boston, MA
    The bass is still available!
    PM sent.

7. Hi @irbassist, I just finalized the purchase of an instrument here in Toronto so I am no longer in the market. All the best with the sale!

8. irbassist

irbassist

Jun 17, 2009
    Boston, MA
    BUMP
    FLIGHT CASE INCLUDED IN PURCHASE!!