1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

old mim J pups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by deste, Jan 16, 2013.

1. deste

deste

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: GullanskyLab pickups
    Hi everybody.

A case for Fenderism Professors.
    I bought a 1991 mim J. The previous owner put on it a couple of SD Quarter Pounders and an EMG tone circuit: I like these mods, but that's not the point.
    The man gave me the stock pups too: while packing my things up, I found them in a box, and now I wonder what kind of pups they may be. All I know is that they are the same size neck and bridge.
    Does anybody have a cue about them?

Thanks in advance.
  2. SGD Lutherie

SGD Lutherie Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner, SGD Music Products
    Some kind of cheap import pickups. Probably from Korea. Might be made by D&G pickups, which also make EMG Select.
  3. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member

the worst of the worst; toss them in the trash with extreme prejudice.
  4. SGD Lutherie

SGD Lutherie Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner, SGD Music Products
    :D
  5. deste

deste

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: GullanskyLab pickups
    Well, thanks a lot.
    Anyway I wouldn't put them back on: I was planning to get some DiMarzio Ultra J (I have Model J on another bass and they sound great, maybe a little too "fat" for the sound I'd like to get from this bass).