1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Old PA Cab for Practice

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by DaleyKD, Jan 16, 2014.

1. DaleyKD

DaleyKD

[​IMG]
    This used to be a 'monitor' wedge. I think it was originally made by Squier/Fender. It consisted of a driver and a horn piezo junk tweeter. The hole for the driver appears to be ~10.75".

Do you think I could drop a bass woofer in there, seal the tweeter hole and use it for a practice bass cab? I don't need it to sound awesome, just usable for band rehearsal.

Any other info you want? I can get inner volume, but it'll take a bit of time/math.

TIA,
    Kyle
  2. BassCliff

BassCliff

Hi,

Sure. In fact, I've done that exact same thing. I've got a dual 10" monitor wedge (bought the bare cab for $10 a long time ago) with a couple of cheap bass speakers that I've used for those situations where I just needed something to make noise. It's not great but it works. Just don't expect a whole lot out of a setup like that. ;)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
  3. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

4. DaleyKD

DaleyKD

Wow guys. That was the easiest question... ever!
  5. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

;) Sorry I couldn't make it harder :D Your expectations are not grand so it should do quite well.