1. Please note: We are performing several software upgrades tonight, Sept 29th. Please bear with us. You may notice some formatting issues and other bugs.

Old PA Cab for Practice

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by DaleyKD, Jan 16, 2014.

1. DaleyKD

DaleyKD

[​IMG]
    This used to be a 'monitor' wedge. I think it was originally made by Squier/Fender. It consisted of a driver and a horn piezo junk tweeter. The hole for the driver appears to be ~10.75".

Do you think I could drop a bass woofer in there, seal the tweeter hole and use it for a practice bass cab? I don't need it to sound awesome, just usable for band rehearsal.

Any other info you want? I can get inner volume, but it'll take a bit of time/math.

TIA,
    Kyle

2. BassCliff

BassCliff

Hi,

Sure. In fact, I've done that exact same thing. I've got a dual 10" monitor wedge (bought the bare cab for $10 a long time ago) with a couple of cheap bass speakers that I've used for those situations where I just needed something to make noise. It's not great but it works. Just don't expect a whole lot out of a setup like that. ;)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

3. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

4. DaleyKD

DaleyKD

Wow guys. That was the easiest question... ever!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

;) Sorry I couldn't make it harder :D Your expectations are not grand so it should do quite well.