Old Randall bass cabs and amps

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by theAntihero, Mar 8, 2014.

1. theAntihero

theAntihero

Anyone know anything about the old, orange stripe and all, Randall bass cabs? I have a line on a RB-121W that the owner swears is a 2x12 and doesnt have a wattage rating on it. The only thing he knows is that its a folded horn design and its 4 ohms.

Hopefully someone here knows something

2. theAntihero

theAntihero

Wow that dropped like a stone lol

3. theAntihero

theAntihero

4. lowphatbass

lowphatbass ****

I think those cabs were paired-up with the RB-120 heads, they also made a single 15" version of that cab as well.

The cabinet design has it's advantages and disadvantages.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Steve Dallman

Steve Dallman Supporting Member

I've got a great old Randall bass preamp, with three band passive eq and five band rotary active eq. It's quite the monster...mostly fets for gain stages.

7. theAntihero

theAntihero

Yeah the old folded horns are heavy and huge but this is gonna be sat in the band room and never moved.

I still cant find out anything about the old Randall stuff.....id love to have one of those huge old 2x15 though

8. lowphatbass

lowphatbass ****

Generally folded horn cabs can be tricky in smaller rooms. I'm not savvy to the science but I know you can overpower a mix out in the room and still not hear youself on stage.

9. theAntihero

theAntihero

Honestly ive never used a folded horn with my particular system or even our PA, mostly because they weigh a million pounds and take half the band van,lol, but if it isnt ever moved............