1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Old Strings

Discussion in 'Ask Janek Gwizdala' started by GirouxJB, Jul 17, 2013.

1. GirouxJB

GirouxJB Supporting Member

Hi Janek,

I remember reading somewhere, not sure where, that you donate your used strings to people less fortunate who need strings. Something along those lines. If this is true, could you please explain and give a little information. I just put new strings on 2 of my basses and would much rather donate the old strings to someone that could use them rather than just throwing them out.

Thanks
  2. Stev187

Stev187 Peavey MegaBass Club! Supporting Member

3. GirouxJB

GirouxJB Supporting Member

Thank you, I will get them sent out tomorrow. Such a great program.
  4. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Gear Reviewer - Bass Musician Magazine
    Still accepting strings janek? I've got a dozen or so sets is be happy to send your way. -jake
  5. Baird6869

Baird6869 Supporting Member

+1

I have been collecting strings for this great cause and now have likely 100 sets.

Is this program still a go?

Please advise....
  6. RobC

RobC Supporting Member

Yes I think an update on this would be good- perhaps you/they were overwhelmed.
  7. groooooove

groooooove

my old teacher used to save his used strings for me. i used to boil them, then discovered the denatured alcohol.

if i had a student that needed them as bad as i used to, i'd pass 'em along. thats probably the easiest way. but not all of us are teachers, so the donation thing may be the way.
  8. RobC

RobC Supporting Member

OK well it look like Janek is back online but no updates to the "We need strings" so it is probably defunct? Ah well good idea while it lasted...
  9. janekbass

janekbass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Founder and CEO of http://videobasslessons.tv
    It's not dead at all... We're actually planning a trip to Cuba to hand deliver the next wave of string donations, guitars, and accessories. And we're also going to be giving masterclasses at the music academy there in Havana too.

The online activity on the website is a little dormant, but that's just because we're so swamped with string donations that have to be cleaned and sorted on a daily basis.

Look for an update this week.
  10. RobC

RobC Supporting Member

Fabulous. Thanks Janek.
  11. Dragan

Dragan

Wow Janek, that's a wonderfull thing! Will you come to Bosnia sometime too?