1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Old Trace Acoustic TAB-100... weird behavior!

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by arcureo, Dec 9, 2013.

1. arcureo

arcureo

Hi, I have an old Trace Acoustic TAB-100 bass combo (wooden finish version) that I'd like to sell, since I practically never use it, nowadays.
    The problem is that it does something weird, from time to time… shortly after I power it up it sounds very muffled and low in volume, but if I turn it off it kinda "pops alive" for a very brief moment, before turning off completely. Its volume kinda has a spike (to the level it should be) and then rapidly dies out (being that the amp has been switched off). Then, if I switch it back on, immediately afterwards, it works normally… at least as far as I can tell.
    Does anyone have ANY idea of what could it be?!?
    Since I'd like to sell it, I'd like it to be in good working condition, without that glitch!
    Does anyone know if it might be an easy-to-fix condition, or would it be so costly I shouldn't even bother and just throw it away?
    Other than that, the amp seems fine, so I'd hate to throw it away… but having it lying around the house, unused, seems kinda pointless…

Thanks…!