1. Please note: We are performing several software upgrades tonight, Sept 29th. Please bear with us. You may notice some formatting issues and other bugs.

Older BC Rich Warlock bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Justice, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Justice

Justice

Disclosures:
    The bass rescuer...
    Spotted in a pawn shop today, thought about buying it but wanted to do a little research first. Google is not helping so I came here!

Forgot to snap a pic (doh!)

Steel blue Warlock bass. No binding on the body. P/J pickups, Badass bridge, 3 knobs with a toggle switch between the first and second knob. Rosewood fretbord. Pointy (4 on a side) head stock that simply said BC Rich and in smaller letters "Made In USA", Grover tuners. Pickups had exposed pole pieces with no names on them.
    Bolt on neck, pretty chunky like a big P bass neck. Black neckplate with the serial number on it.

I know it is not an NJ Series, Rave series, or Bronze Series. I do not think it is a Platinum series. I just don't know exactly what it is, but I do believe I want it ( I don't need it, but it seems like too good a deal to pass up)

Ahhh...it is exactly like this one, only not lime green and it did not have BassLines in it.

http://www.evilguitars.com/bcrusaw4.htm

I know it needs a good cleaning, new strings a setup and the fret ends dressed. And I can get it for under $200 (with a hard shell case and strap (nice Levys).

What do the BC Rich experts on Talk Bass think?

2. thumpguy123

thumpguy123

i'd say if you like it, go for it! most 80s basses are very well made! you could flip it if you don't like it, but i doubt you won't ;)

3. steamjohn

steamjohn

$200 for a US made bass? Buy it. You'll be kickin yerself in the buttocks if ye don't.

4. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

Under $200 with a hardshell case? Buy it.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I'd be all over it.

7. Justice

Justice

Disclosures:
    The bass rescuer...
    went back and bought it. NBD thread coming soon.

8. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

I'll be very interested in seeing the photos.