1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

older epifani 212 input needed

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by PhatRon, Jan 7, 2013.

1. PhatRon

PhatRon supporting member Supporting Member

hello TBers, can anyone here offer any input on this older epifani t-212 (mid 90's I believe). I can't find any info. this far back in the Epifani line. Also what would you think it's value would be?
    I've been offered this as part of a local trade deal. would like to know more about it before making 90 mile trek to try out.
    thanks.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!

Attached Files:

2. gdavis

gdavis

I just got one of these from a friend but it has a blown speaker so I haven't played it yet (gotta call em up and get a replacement). Been trying to find info on it myself and like you haven't found, well, anything. But from what my friend tells me it's a modern sounding cab, supposed to be real nice if that's the sound you're going for. Sorry I can't help on the value.
  3. duderus

duderus

I have this cab. I blew a speaker and called epifani myself. Recommended a eminence speaker that I got from them. However, I do not remember the specs of that speaker.

I love the low end of the cab. However, I like the ul1x12 response better with my ul502 amp. I mix my amps so I have my mesa going to this cab mainly fit bottom end currently.
  4. duderus

duderus

Oh this is heavy! Haha
  5. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Heavy, killer sounding cab. I'd probably pay ~400 for a 4 ohm in excellent condition.
  6. andertone

andertone Supporting Member

Hi: I have that exact cabinet, bought new, with the white 1/4" back panel

Yes, it is 75 lbs, but has a great low end, much better than the my
    Bergi Mini stack HT112/EX112 that I use for smaller gigs. The tweeter is not
    as musical as the Bergi, but it depends what you are looking for. For slap
    it is very present, I am a finger style guy and keep it at about 1/3 for just
    a bit of click

Good deal for $400, it is loud enough for a single cabinet outdoor venue

Good luck!!
  7. PhatRon

PhatRon supporting member Supporting Member

Thanks for all the wonderful input everyone. I felt the guy was asking too much. My Ibanez roadstar plus $400. I said straight across maybe but no added dough.
  8. smperry

smperry Moderator Supporting Member

the old side by side t212 is a great sounding cab (better than the diagonal one IMO) but I agree that the guy was asking way too much.
  9. pgullo64

pgullo64 Supporting Member

Yes this is the origianal Epifani T-2-12 "side by side". 700 watt 4 ohm. I saw Pino Palladino using them live. Great cab in my opinion, built like a tank, super full and loud as you need it to be. $400 - $500 seems like a good price to me depending on condition