Older Warwick Trussrod help Needed

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by j.kernodle, Dec 10, 2012.

1. j.kernodle

j.kernodle

oh my god, I could spit right now.

changed strings on my Streamer stage II. noticed a little bow in the neck so, per the owners manual for a post -96 bass, I gave it a counter clockwise twist to take the relief out.

Hmm, that turned easy....

tighten strings back up, the bow is now worse. "okay, I thought, truss rods on these things can be a little wonky" so I turned it the other way, relief was back to where I started. Okay, lets go a little futher.... Won't budge....

MAXED out truss rod? I just got this bass used a couple of months ago, no mention of that.

So then think, okay, its a two way trussrod. I've heard sometimes you've gotta go the other way, maybe clockwise was right, maybe it'll tighten up again.... Nope, truss rod not comes right out of the bass. Now I can't get it threaded back on no matter what.

Meanwhile, I've got a useless SSII.

Help???!!!
  2. Slowgypsy

Slowgypsy 4 Fretless Strings Supporting Member

There was a previous thread some time ago regarding Warwick truss rod troubles. Maybe there's info in the past thread that will be useful for you. Also, I know the Warwick folks score very high in the support section, so if all else fails you should contact them for help and/or advice. Here's the link:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f18/warwick-truss-rod-direction-887123/
  3. j.kernodle

j.kernodle

slowgypsy, thanks for the response. I had to step away and think for a while. got the truss rod nut back on (its definitely reverse threaded). Cranked it down. put my pro-steel .105-.045's back on and neck is straight as an arrow... rod is close to maxed though which is a bummer... I'll likely give the NY shop a call tomorrow to see what my options are if the neck decides to develop any more relief.