OMG! OMG! OMG!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by hip63, Feb 21, 2014.

1. hip63

hip63

Muuuuusssst haaaaavvvvveeeee...... :eek: :hyper:

hip63 :D
  2. Demon_Hunter

Demon_Hunter

I'd rather have that Lakland he's playing!!
  3. ctmullins

ctmullins Registered thumper Supporting Member

Old news.

And your thread title is annoying. IMHO, of course.
  4. Clouz

Clouz The Ayatollah of Jack and Cola Supporting Member

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. squirefan

squirefan

7. Clouz

:rollno:
  8. dave_bass5

dave_bass5 Supporting Member

No. Not just yours.
    Can't understand thread titles like these, but each to his own.
  9. micgtr71

micgtr71

I watched the video. I am a big fan of Geezer and have always loved his sound. That being said, I'm confused.

What problems did he encounter with the Fender stuff? How can an active pickup capture the sound of an old passive pickup...as he said, finally.

They finally got it right? Maybe it's just me, but the playing at the end of the video sounded like a p bass through an SVT...

No disrespect intended, just confused.
  10. BlueTalon

BlueTalon Happy Cynic Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Turnstyle Switch
    This. Plus it makes him sound like a girl in junior high.
  11. line6man

line6man

Yeah, I'm extremely confused by all of this hype I'm seeing, as well. Aren't we talking about plain vanilla P bass pickups here? Why is this signature model so amazing? And why EMG?
  12. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member

They get the Fender sound with out all the problems of a Fender P bass pickup? I wonder what EMG is paying him to spew all this nonsense.
  13. gregmon79

gregmon79 Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    These pickups are passive. I share the excitement of the OP and have a P/J set preordered and ready to ship as soon as the supplier I ordered from gets them. There has been a thread or two already about these, yes, I just think the OP is very excited. I'm with you man!! Plus I'm a rather big EMG fan and supporter.
  14. Clouz

Geezer is worth about 65 million.

why would he lie?

and he didn't say he had a problem with the fender pick up he said without all the problems he used to have with the fender stuff...lol
    i'm not sure what he meant by this statement either.
  15. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

I don't understand when he says nobody seems to be able to capture the sound of the late 60's early 70's P bass sound? with his money he can afford to buy a large number of those vintage basses to strip or I'm sure his sources can at least find vintage pups? I don't see anything groundbreaking here.
  16. Kmonk

Kmonk

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fender and Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
    It's all about marketing. People hear a celebrities name attached to a product and they somehow think they are going to get the same sound. I have never and will never buy any signature series product. In my opinion, its just an excuse to the inflate the price of a product.
  17. dave_bass5

dave_bass5 Supporting Member

I agree. EMG's are on the Lakland GB bass, to me it looks like EMG are just cashing in on having a big name use their pups.

There are loads of custom pup winders out there, let alone stock pups. I'm sure most could have got the tone he was looking for. How many "vintage" pups do we need on the market anyway.

Nothing wrong with that though, as long as they do the job and aren't over priced I'd happily buy them, but I'm under no illusion these are anything special, they just (hopefully) produce a tone that will appeal to me.
    I know they won't make me sound like Geezer.
  18. Clouz

i understand marketing and how it works and i also understand that Geezer has never put his name on anything "signature" either. i have been a fan of black sabbath since i was 10 years old. (1972) i also know that in order for a business to succeed they can't market a product and totally fail in delivering what they promise. if that were the case then EMG would no longer be in business as well as many other companies in this industry. when i installed these pick ups in my P bass they had a very different sound then the stock 60's custom shop pu's that came in it. these are much closer to the Geezer sound i was looking to get. don't get me wrong because i think those CS pu's sound really great and i had no intention on ever changing them but a fellow tb'er sold the EMG's to me at a very reasonable price and i figured i'd try them out. i have never tried EMG's before and have nothing to do with their company. i do know that based on what Geezer and EMG claim this pick up to be are absolutely true. i'm just a half assed bass player looking to sound as much like early black sabbath as possible and these new Geezer pu's helped me to do that. not all companies will lie to their customers just to get them to buy their product. if you believe that to be true as some have stated in this thread and many others i have read then how could you ever purchase any bass, amp, strings, etc and have faith that they will deliver what they promise? EMG is a very respected company and they are not the new kids on the block trying to make a name for themselves. they have proven themselves by years of experience and thousands of musicians believing in them and using their products.
  19. Clouz

my thoughts on your statement are this:

let's say you were Geezer Butler and had his wealth. would you lie to your fans and say a product that you endorsed was all bs? think about it. he is worth 65 million and you're saying that for a sum of money or whatever deal he has with EMG or DR strings or Lakland or Hatke that he would say he likes their products just to make more money? i don't buy it for one minute. now, do i believe that there have been celebrities in the past and present that have done endorsements just to make money and do not really like those products? absolutely without a doubt.
  20. hdracer

hdracer Supporting Member

Hook-> Line -> Sinker.........
  21. Clouz

fact: they are in my bass that i own and sound more like Geezers sound in the early years of sabbath then the pick ups that were in it.

game>set> match