1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

On a happier note.. Lets talk Fedora!

Discussion in 'Ask Anthony Wellington' started by Bassman197835, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Bassman197835

Bassman197835

Im looking at some info on the Fedora Basses and I have played a couple in NY. And the NAMM show. Do you know of Fedora models that have a smaller body style like the Warwick T? I loved the feel and tone control but I wasnt a huge fan of the larger bodies. Just not sure I wanna go back Warwick. I love them but their kinda limited to that standard Warwick sound. And no sense blowing more money on something just to have a Bass.
  2. Bassman197835

Bassman197835

4 string models.
  3. michele

michele

I'm not Anthony but I can tell you that the 4 strings Monarch body is the smallest Fodera and a very playable instrument. When it comes to 5 strings the Matt Garrison model is the smallest being its body a downsized Imperial (with reversed lower horn).
    If you can afford a Fodera go for it, you won't regret it.
  4. Bassman197835

Bassman197835

I had just bought my Warwick when I played em and had invested over 3K. I was only there with my teacher who had set an appointment to try some. I dont even know what models they were.. I played some at the NAMM show as well.
  5. Bassman197835

Bassman197835

The Monarch Standard 4!!! There's so many options with it! And the Ash body would surely take some of that Bubinga weight off my shoulders? I Wonder what the availability is and if I could find a used model.
  6. Just Thumpin'

Just Thumpin' Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Manager and Partner, Fodera Guitars (as of 10/14/09)
    The Monarch is our most compact instrument. Hopefully we will have a chance to build an instrument for you.

Kindest regards,

Jason

7. Ant Wellington

Ant Wellington

Yo Bassman,

I have 2 Monarchs, 2 Emperors and 3 Imperials. My chestnut Imperial is my 'go to' bass. I call her 'Chessie'. It's my #1.

But I think that the Monarch is the best electric bass design EVER. It's both beautiful and sexy.

You'd be very happy with a Fodera. I highly recommend setting up a visit.

Say 'hi' to the guys(and girls) for me.

peace,
    anthony
  8. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Are you looking for a hat or a bass? Ha
    Spelling is FODERA.
  9. Bassman197835

Bassman197835

Hey thumpin! Is there a pretty standard wait on a MS4 build? I dont have the dough for an instant payment. After the initial deposit what kinda time would I have before completion. Estimate of course. Should I just give you guys a call?? And Anthony Ive never!! seen anything with this kinda control! Ever!! I wish I had spent the stupid Schector money on MS4 deposit...I of course wouldnt wanna be caught not having the complete payment after the build was finished... But I'd like to get it started as soon as I can. And yes Lenny I will have a Fedora with my Fodera. :)
  10. Ant Wellington

Ant Wellington

Yo Bassman,

By the Fodera! And the fedora too! It's a good look.

Put down a deposit. Make payments. Divide the difference by 18. See if you can handle that. My 1st Fodera was very expensive too. But I put a deposit down on it in 1999. It's still my #1 bass after all these years. And I have over 40 to choose from.

Buy the bass.

You can thank me later!

peace,
    anthony
  11. Bassman197835

Bassman197835

Good plan!! Been 10 years since I was this exited over a Bass. Dual coil/Single coil. Passive/Active. All the options!!. Maybe we can get this rolling! Thanks for the advice everyone!!
  12. Just Thumpin'

Disclosures:
    With the Standards (including the M4S), we only offer them when we are within 3-4 months of being able to ship a given batch. So, if you placed a deposit today you would easily have yours before the end of March...

Kindest regards,

Jason

13. Bassman197835

Bassman197835

I called you guys the last week and realized you were prob out for the holiday. Im wondering about the body wood choice.. It looks like its available in Mahogany,Walnut, Ash or Alder.? Im certain the M4 I played was Swamp Ash with Maple top and the Aged Ferro fingerboard. One main! thing I wanna get away from is the weight of the Warwick Bubinga. So I figured the Swamp Ash would be a good choice? . Maybe someone can help me with that. Just unsure if I'll see a huge dif between the body woods. Im also not clear on the dif in the Elite series. I def! want that Pope pre! Active to Passive is a big! deal for me. I need! that option. Ive ran into a few! situations where some did not! like my one dimensional Warwick tone. One thing I find funny is i read the Monarchs have been around since the 80's. But I cant find an older model anywhere! for sale. Guess you dont sale your Fodera do ya lol. I do have a budget issue after all this theft. But I wanna get this rolling as soon as possible. Maybe I can set a day to talk to you guys about some of the options? And maybe someone can help me choose a body wood. Advice appreciated Ant. I just dont have the option of going to Brooklyn from SD when Im in the middle of a move to Bama.. :)
  14. Ant Wellington

Ant Wellington

I have quite a boy of Fodera basses. If you remind me I'll bring more than my usual about to my clinic in Alabama.

We can talk during our first lesson. Jason has a lot of 'Butterfly' basses too. And if course, he's WAY more knowledgeable about Fodera than I am. Not many people are as knowledgeable about those basses as he is.

peace,
    anthony
  15. Bassman197835

Bassman197835

Thats very kind of you Anthony! On a high note the SDPD recovered my Amp. No Bass and the amp is pretty!! thrashed.. 4x10 cab has 2 blown speakers,1x15 has a hole in the speaker.. But the head and rack gear is fine! So at least I got it! back. Appreciate the Fodera guidance guys!!
  16. Just Thumpin'

Disclosures:
    Hey there Anthony -- thanks so much for the kind words. I'll trade you 95% of my Fodera knowledge for 5% of your playing skill! LOL.

Anyway, Bassman, the Monarch Standards only come in really three options -- unless you want to build a Custom Monarch.

1. Yin Yang Standard -- Monarch shaped with the Yin Yang design on the front of the instrument. Alder body and Ebony FB with EMG P/J PUP's. Very bright and articulate sounding with a rich, deep low end.

2. Monarch 4 Standard -- Swamp Ash body with a Pau Ferro FB, bi-color Maple top and Fodera Dual Coil Pickups. This was designed to be a true all-around instrument. Very well-balanced tonally. Meant to be able to be used on any gig.

3. Monarch 4 Standard Special -- Part of a very small run of just 10 instruments that trade the M4S's Pau Ferro FB for Indian Rosewood and bi-color Maple top for Port Orford Cedar. Similar tonally to the M4S with a bit more warmth to the overall tone coming from the Indian Rosewood FB. We only have two or three of these available.

Finally, all of our instruments have a Fodera / Pope preamp in them with Active / Passive options and three band active tone control.

I hope that this helps. You can always feel free to call the shop or continue this offline with me at:

sales@fodera.com

Kindest regards,

Jason

17. Bassman197835

Bassman197835

No that about covers it buddy! lol. I had said Elite but I meant Special. I was confused if I needed the Special to get the Pope Pre. Im def looking at the M4S. No special builds required. I loved the good ol standard! Appreciate the very! in depth explanation. And I'll be in touch very! soon with a deposit and a giant smile!!!
  18. Just Thumpin'

Disclosures:
    We'll be here when you are ready!

J

19. KristinBidwell1

KristinBidwell1

Disclosures:
    Professional Bassist, Private Instructor
    Fodera is my favorite bass as well. It all depends on what you want in an instrument, but I highly recommend getting one. They are the best in my opinion. Awesome basses and great people!
  20. Bassman197835

Bassman197835

What I want these days is range! Being a Warwick man so many years I hardly know what a warm tone sounds like anymore lol. I want the M4S because of its versatility. The Coil Tap and Active/Passive switch is huge to me! I could kill the Active on the Warwick but it just didnt cut it. Dont think it was meant to run Passive. Im also thinking that Ash body is gonna kill some of that Bubinga weight.