1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

On screen or on stage?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by JacoLesFlea, Jan 11, 2013.

1. JacoLesFlea

JacoLesFlea

Alot of actors belong to bands Costner, Depp, Gosling, Jill Hennessy, Gary Sinise, Jared Leto, etc. Obviously have seen them on the screen and alot of well known ones here but have never seen them on stage and yes I am going home today and check out some vids on youtube. Have any of you seen them perform live musically? If so how were they. Thanks.
  2. Kmonk

Kmonk

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fender and Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
    I have Gary Sinise perform with his band on television but have never seen any actors or actresses perform live with their band. It doesn't seem like they tour at all and if they do, the shows are not promoted very well.
  3. Roscoe East

Roscoe East

I just found out the other day that Vigo Mortensen has done several albums with Buckethead!
  4. nortonrider

nortonrider

The Bacon Brothers were pretty good!
    I was pleasantly surprised by their show.
  5. Oneirogenic

Oneirogenic

30 seconds to Mars (Leto) is pretty good...haven't heard many other actor bands. Jada Pinkett has a rock band of some sort...
  6. T-Bird

T-Bird

Hi.

Well, the closest I've seen any actor/artist you guys & gals would recognise on a film/on stage was The Commitments.

The band was excellent just as should be expected from well seasoned professionals, but... a certain someone "kinda" ruined it.
    Completely.
    The flick is one thing, acting is acting, but no-one should behave like that on stage in front of a live audience.
    The only thing missing was the stage hands waving the APPLAUD signs for the crowd.
    IMHO ayway.
    On a second thought, perhaps not just IMHO though, IIRC the tour pretty much ended after a few more disasters after the particular show I saw in Finland. Pity really, the band was great.

Regards
    Sam
  7. pflash4001

pflash4001

I worked with Christopher Mintz-Plasse (McLovin) not long ago. It was not bad...wasn't sure what to expect...