Once again I summon the chefs and cooks of TB

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by ImNotJoel, Mar 25, 2014.

1. ImNotJoel

ImNotJoel

Pork chops, need to do something besides grilled, shake n bake, stir fried, and deep fried.
  2. DwaynieAD

DwaynieAD

I always just covered them in Worcestershire sauce and pan fried them..

I'm not really a fan of chops
  3. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

+1

They're probably my least favorite pork product.
  4. Staredge

Staredge

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Darth Handsome

Darth Handsome

What kind of kook doesn't like pork chops??
  7. ArtechnikA

ArtechnikA I endorsed a check once... Gold Supporting Member

Carne adobado.
  8. Monster Truck

Monster Truck Supporting Member

Marinate the in banana pepper juice, garlic, and a touch od Dijon mustard.
  9. RxFunk

RxFunk

Make pork adobo
  10. macaroni tony

macaroni tony

I usually marinate (or even just rub on) honey, apple cider vinegar, pepper, and soy sauce and cook in the broiler. Or pan fry
  11. Mktrat

Mktrat Wait. What?

Great. Now I'm hungry.....
  12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Sear the chops on both sides, add some spices, then put them in a slow cooker with thinly sliced potatoes (nickel thickness) and cream of mushroom soup.

-Mike
  13. bkbirge

bkbirge Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Steak n Shake
  14. Toolmybass

Toolmybass Supporting Member

Pork Chop Parmesan....mmmmmmm
  15. mellowinman

mellowinman Perfect for Breaking the Ice at Naughty Parties Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Use Paul Prudhomme's Cajun Seasoning. Put it on thick, and get your pan fairly hot, with butter. Sear on each side. They will remain juicy, and even people who don't like pork chops will love them.

DO NOT TAKE ANYONE ELSE'S ADVICE!!!

I AM RIGHT!!!!

TRY IT!!!!
  16. slobake

slobake Supporting Member

When I was newly sober I must have needed something that this recipe was providing. This was a typical breakfast for me.

Slice a potato or two into small half inch chunks. Fry potatoes in a large cast iron pan with liberal amounts of thyme, paprika and a touch of salt. When pototoes are about half way cookded add two pork chops to pan. Sprinkle chops with same spices as potatoes. Cover and cook. When everything ins almost done add two or three eggs to pan and fry eggs over easy or sunny side up.
    Serve hot with large cups of coffee.

Call an ambulance. :p
  17. mapadofu

mapadofu

Brown chops, remove from pan, saute thin-sliced onions, add mustard, maybe some tomato paste, dark beer, sweetener (honey, brown sugar, maple syrup), return chops, simmer with lid 20mins, flipping once; thicken sauce with cornstarch.
  18. ImNotJoel

ImNotJoel

Lots of great suggestions and thanks everyone TB has some kick ass cooks. Next week I will most likely have another challenge and post a thread I have been in a cooking rut. Thanks everyone.
  19. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

I don't truck with no bone in chops. Maybe it's a local thing but the last few times I bought bone in chops they had a ton of fine (sand grain size) bone fragments stuck to them. Almost like they were dredged in rough bone meal. That's not to mention the occasional chop with a bone cut so as to make a near perfect oversized natural sewing needle to jam into the roof of your mouth.

It's like small fish, too many bones to make the reward worth the trouble.

Boneless chops OTOH, sear in a hot dry skillet, you don't want to finish them, but you do want some crust and dark edges. Leave about a minute of cook time on them. Take them up and bring down the heat, then make a white roux in the same skillet, supplementing the rendered grease with a butter. Once you have it underway, add in some fresh green peas or some other similar sized fresh veggie. Chopping to get the small size is fine, you just want something that's gonna be GTG by the time your roux starts to tighten up. Remove from heat and put your chops back in the skillet and run it in the (preheated) oven at 350 just long enough to finish the chops. If you like you can use the broiler and put a little brown on the roux, just watch it or you will have a burnt mess on your hands. The guy I learned this from would top the skillet with fresh grated white cheddar before putting it in the oven. I just prefer it without cheese.

I serve this over rice, white or long grain and wild are both good.
  20. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Supporting Member

pan fry with crushed garlic cloves, sesame oil, season w some type of chili sauce or chilis or red pepper paste only do not cook the chili sauce or chilis or red pepper paste your household will suffocate and die or kill you for doing that and you'll die.
  21. edpal

edpal Banned

Media:
    Albums:
    Always a good idea to rinse pork of any cut good and run your hands over them. Pork bones splinter bad, which is why they're not recommended to give to your dog. BOT.....

Sprinkle with some caraway seeds(the main flavor in rye and pumpernickel breads), garlic powder and little salt - sear on both sides, cover and cook on low heat. It's how my German mother would make them.....I'm still rolling them like momma 50 years later. Yumm. Goes great with cabbage or potatoes.

5:01 here - I'm gonna go start dinner!