1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

One headlight -Wallflowers tab

Discussion in 'Tablature [BG]' started by deelgee, Dec 5, 2012.

1. deelgee

deelgee

Tabs ?? One headlight-wallflowers
  2. obimark

obimark

This has always been a cool bassline because you just don't see that rhythm (the steve harris gallop but slower) in many songs (other than metal and maiden)
    ONly break that rhythm for the chorus (it is more straight eighths)
    Verses, Intro
    Start on D first time only--

G D F# B (A Briefly)

Repeat

Pre Chorus
    G F# (F# octave) on "HEY"

Chorus

G D E A

Repeat and stop on A

That's it other than some real tasty fills etc--- the real key is getting that groove right and it is tricky I go back and forth debating doing this with a pick or fingers, but it seems smoother with fingers (but is also more of a workout)
  3. prd004

prd004

Funny, I was at a rehearsal working on fleshing out an arrangement on a new song with the band.........

I started playing a slow gallop like this, I don't know where I pulled it from, mostly out of boredom as the guitarist and pianist tried to figure out chord changes to go with the singers lyrics. Kinda like Geezer Butler's line on Heaven and Hell, only this song has a blusier/soul feel.

Everyone loved the bass line so much they insisted I use it in the tune!