1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Only a week ago, I hadn't heard of Roscoe Basses, now I'm buying one!

Discussion in 'Roscoe Basses' started by Connor2209, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Connor2209

Connor2209

So I'm going against my usual policy of "must try before you buy" which I have done for all of my instruments over the past 10 or so years. I saw this Roscoe Century Standard 6 online with the Cocobolo top and it is GORGEOUS.
    6 strings - CHECK
    35 inch scale - CHECK
    Bartolini Pickups and Pre - CHECK
    Stunning looks - CHECK

So after the past week of relentlessly searching the internet for negative reviews... I've found nothing. I currently own an MTD Kingston Z6 and a Dingwall Combustion, both which have mixed reviews around, both which are great to play.

I've been in contact with the seller and will be finalising payment before it ships from the UK down here to Sydney, Australia. I'm already losing sleep over when it will get here!

2. Gard

Gard

Disclosures:
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Congrats, and welcome to the family, Connor! Please post pics, when you have a chance - there's a hard & fast rule here at TB in general, and very specifically amongst the denizens of Roscoe-land:

No pics, NO BASS!

;)

3. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Welcome to the Roscoehead world Connor!

Nothing plays or sounds like a Roscoe and Keiths 6'ers are by far the best around (IMO).

Definitely post some pic's when it arrives.

4. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Oh yeah, that'll happen.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Connor2209

Connor2209

Here it is! I've had it for about 3 weeks or so now, blows my mind every time I play it, its awesome to own such an inspirational instrument!

[​IMG]

Keith really does make the best basses around, absolutely destroys my MTD Kingston 6-er. Plays better than any other 6 I've played, better than Fodera, Ken Smith and MTD USA and the tones and flexibility are absolutely incredible!

So proud to own it, I'll be looking into a fretless when I can afford it :D

7. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Very nice! Classy looking Roscoe!

You are correct, Roscoe's are by far the best playing 6'ers made!

PERIOD!!!

8. CliffD

CliffD Supporting Member

Nice! Killer looker! Those bart CBs sound freaking killer as well!

9. the yeti

the yeti

agree that looks amazing.

we're almost total opposites- i've been scheming and salivating for several years now and finally pulled the trigger this week... your thread title made me laugh at myself.

we ar alike in the losing sleep part.