Ontario Canadian TB'ers

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by groovecraver, Mar 6, 2014.

1. groovecraver

Jan 15, 2008
    I have a gig on March 15, 2014 in your beautiful country. I am flying from the Washington D.C. area and don't particularly want to check my bass.
    We are playing in Fort Frances, ON P9A 3M3 Canada. I was told the sound company we are using does not provide guitars. Does anyone know of a nearby place to rent a bass while I am there ? I would also rent from a fellow TB'er. Please PM me if you have information on this topic. ( I hope this was posted on the correct forum )...thanks.
  2. Space Pickle

Space Pickle

Apr 15, 2013
    Sorry, don't have anything to say other than WOW, Fort Frances is in the middle of freaking nowhere. But hey you got a gig so well done.
  3. Nagrom

Mar 21, 2004
    Western Canada
    Unbolt your neck and pack your guitar in a standard suitcase with a gig bag.
  4. StyleOverShow

StyleOverShow Still Playing After All These Years Supporting Member

May 3, 2008
    Studio City, CA

Never considered that, but now it seems obvious!
  5. Sponsored by:

6. nashman

Feb 11, 2011
    I'm not sure they have electricity there.
  7. You might want to try googling "Music Store Fort Frances Ontario" and see if they have anything used or a bass they can rent you.
  8. Roland GR 88

Roland GR 88 Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2013
    Where are you landing ?
  9. groovecraver

Jan 15, 2008
    Thanks guys ! I'm coming into INL. The suitcase idea is very intriguing 😏. I hear you "Nashman" I'd better get a generator as well (LOL) ! I've never been to Canada but I am a proud Dingwall owner maybe Sheldon can hook me up 😃.
  10. RustyAxe

RustyAxe Supporting Member

Jul 8, 2008
    Just don't tell the immigration officer you're going to play a gig. Technically you need a work visa, and all you get on entry is a visitor visa (that precludes any work for pay). And wear your long underwear!
  11. groovecraver

Jan 15, 2008

Thanks for that. Good to know !!
  12. AltGrendel

AltGrendel Squire Jag SS fan. Supporting Member

May 21, 2009
    Mid-Atlantic USA.
    Oh, I'm sure they have something:

13. Drunk Heffalump

Drunk Heffalump Tone that I have. Skill? Oh, that? Well....

Feb 28, 2009
    Great White North
  14. groovecraver

Jan 15, 2008
  15. Space Pickle

Space Pickle

Apr 15, 2013
    The closest cities are going to be Thunder Bay and Winnipeg, Manitoba (Winnipeg probably has a Long and McQuade).
  16. bobalu

Oct 1, 2004
    above the 49th
    Most Canadians have never even been there!

Winnipeg actually has two Long & McQuade's (the equivalent of your Guitar Centre). They rent everything. Good luck and enjoy your gig!
  17. These cities would also be 4.5 and 5 hour drives from your gig. (one way)
  18. Very true.

I go fishing once a year about 4 hours north of Ft. Frances. Some of the best fishing in N.A