1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Open Discussion: Use of Wikki for Bass reviews.

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Violen, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Violen

Violen Instructor in the Vance/Rabbath Method Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Conklin Guitars (Basses)
    Title says most of it.

What about it? Posting As objective as possible, with price, make, model. I am suggesting this either be for newer instruments where the maker is still producing, or things like Juzeks and Kay's for a database.

Some of you may know of/remember Harmony-Central, long after it lost most of its usefullnes its product review section for all kinds of musical instruments and equipment was worth its weight in gold.

Would we be able to use the wiki for this? start pages and categories for makers and models?
  2. TroyK

TroyK Supporting Member

There is a gear reviews section of the site. If we were going to do this, I think having them add a "doublebasses" section would be the way to go.

But, I think there would only be perceived value in this on the mass produced low end of the market. Beyond that and there are too many other factors at play and I don't think that's how people shopping for those basses shop for them.

Just my $ .02