1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

opinion on v4bh

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by comet9, Jan 30, 2014.

1. comet9

comet9

I play 5 string in a moderate volume pop/modern rock band,other styles I play are blues or classic rock...no math/heavy/grind etc..bars are around 100 to 300 people.Front end is just vocals and kick drum.Currently I'm using a ashdown 600 evoll magnifier through 2 TL606's(built off interweb plans) loaded with kappa pro 15a's.With the preamp bumping the red I usually run at half or a hair past on the master.But I've got tube fever...and I've got a line on a Ampeg V4bh late 90's head...with my AM standard P bass V and TL606's will this hundred watts be enough? Will it push the B string? I do want some break up,I run a Lomenzo hyper drive or a Seymour Duncan twin tube now to give me some grit.I'd like to buy a V4B reissue but 1200$ is out of my price range and I'd hate to spend that and find out it's not enough.Plus the V4bH is made in USA.I think I can get it for around 500$ but its not possible to try it (not local)What's the verdict?
  2. rodl2005

rodl2005

Possibly. 😎 imo. Probably not. Wasn't loud enough for my needs. I got a Fender Super Bassman. It MAY be if you always want a goodly not of distortion in your tone. I wanted clean for a Lotta mine so I had to upgrade. Ain't sorry at all. Tho I'd love a V4B RI for small gigs.