1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Opinion PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by casotti1, Nov 5, 2012.

1. casotti1

casotti1 Supporting Member

Squier active jazz deluxe IV or Sterling by MM SUB Ray?
  2. droppedurpocket

droppedurpocket

I vote MM sub. I had the squier for a little while, ended up exchanging for something else. Shortly after that a buddy of mine let me play his mm sub and the sub was superior in fit, finish, tone etc.

IMO, YMMV...etc.
  3. mp40smg

mp40smg

different animals.

But. I think that SUB is really hard to beat. I was extremely impressed with the one I tried at GC.
  4. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

I've played the SUB recently, and was impressed. The only thing to look out for is that the volume knob on some need replacing. Make sure it has a nice gentle volume sweep, and doesn't jump to full volume.
  5. casotti1

You are right..2 different animals! I do like them both, both the same price..Boy that Ray is awfully tempting.lol
  6. casotti1

BUT...I do love the sound of a jazz bass. I actually prefer the slap sound of the J over the Stingray..
  7. 3234718

3234718 Supporting Member