1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Opinions on a short instrumental composition?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Kenzy, Feb 11, 2014.

1. EDIT: The second draft is complete, and here it is! I'll leave the first draft available for a short period of time for comparison.

I've a short instrumental composition here, and I'm thinking to put it through a second draft, so I'm curious as to what TB thinks would make this track a more enjoyable listening experience. It should be very apparent that the instrument sounds are rendered electronically- I merely exported the score as a MIDI into Reason and bounced it through some instrument patches.

First draft:
    Thanks in advance.

Lasted edited by : Apr 16, 2014
  2. I've completed my first revision and the 2nd draft is now available. A third draft will be made, so there's still the opportunity to get opinions on it still.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

4. Wow, that's an intriguing way to go about it, nice work, Kenzy!

read: Bump.

5. chaosMK

chaosMK Supporting Member

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Disclosures:
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    I couldn't really get too far into it. Are you asking for feedback on the composition itself or the production?

6. The composition itself. I won't be seriously handling the production until I've gotten the composition exactly where I want it. Probably at least one more draft.