Opinions on bronco bridge?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by chuck norriss, Nov 16, 2012.

1. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Supporting Member

What opinions in general, have you applied it to other Frankensteins, is it applicable to a 32 or 34" scale? Reminds me of lakland bridges which it is obviously not.
  2. Bobster

Bobster

Chuck,

The bronco bridge is a two-saddle bridge and can be difficult to intonate. Scale doesn't really matter for a bridge, but the bronco bridge also has 17mm spacing which is tighter than the 19mm standard for four-string Fender-style basses.

A vintage-style, Fender or Fender clone bridge should would fine.

Bob
  3. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Supporting Member

That's what I was after thanks bob
  4. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Chuck - I have the original bridge on my Bronco, and I have always been able to intonate it properly. I find no fault with it.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. ponticat

ponticat Gold Supporting Member

What he said.
  7. Stilettoprefer

Stilettoprefer

It should be fine. Telecaster players have intonated 2 string saddles for a looooooong time.
  8. GBassNorth

GBassNorth

Not being able to intonate the Bronco bridge is a myth. Mine intonates just fine and holds with no issues. You could argue it's a cheap bridge but as far as bridges goes it gets the job done. As for hardware on the Bronco, I'd consider upgrading the tuners or nut before I replaced the bridge.
  9. Bobster

Bobster

I don't have "a dog in this hunt" in terms of what bridge someone uses.

But, the string spacing on this bridge is narrower than standard. If you want 17mm, that's great.

I personally prefer 18mm and up.

All the best,

Bob
  10. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

El Bronco Magnifico, with Gretsch 2202 pickup....I really like the look of the Bronco bridge.

[​IMG]
  11. mrbell321

mrbell321

I replaced the bridge on my bronco "just because". I never had issues w/ intonation or staying in tune or anything.
  12. xaxxat

xaxxat Supporting Member

If you get much wider than the 2" spacing of the Bronco bridge, the outer strings get very close to the edge of the neck. The Bronco neck is fairly narrow at the heel. I tried a 2 1/4" spaced bridge on one and didn't much care for how close the outer stings were to rolling off the neck.