Opinions on Gollihur Music basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Ryker_M, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Ryker_M

Ryker_M

Does anyone have any experiences with their basses? My research has turned up less than I'd like.

I have every intention of visiting their store in NJ to actually inspect my purchase before I buy it. But, before I make the trip; is it worth it?

Thanks everyone! :hyper:
  2. homersbassfarm

homersbassfarm Banned

never had one of their basses, but it would be imo worth the trip because of the good they have and are doing for the bass community. Can't imagine them not having good instruments. All the parts and accessaries that i have purchased from them were good and the transaction was always a pleasure.

Good luck!

Homer
  3. powerbass

powerbass

Do a TB search for Gollihur Music Estle Louis bass, or a variation of these words, there are other posts about these basses
  4. Ryker_M

Ryker_M

I figured there would be something, but so far every search I've given into it has turned up with just passing mention. I'll try a specific search using the terms you recommended.

Thank you.:)
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Bethelbass1

Bethelbass1

I purchased a fully carved Bulgarian Kremona 3/4 bass from them 8 years ago. They were great to work with, but I did have to do a great deal of setup on the bass. IMHO I received a good deal for $2000, but I should have forked over more and traveled to try other basses. If only Shen was better known and at their current level of quality at the time of my purchase....
  7. Thumpie

Thumpie

I've never bought one of their basses, but I've ordered many accessories from them. Incredibly fast, friendly service, and on the one instance that there was a problem with my purchase, they quickly made it right...
  8. Champagne

Champagne

Hmmmm.... You may want to call them. When I called them a number of months ago about basses, it was direct ship. There is no showroom.

Maybe I am confused and mixing up their shop with another local place, but I feel pretty darn confident they do not carry them in stock to show up and demo them.