Opinions on Little Mark III and GK 700-II?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Rigz, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Rigz

Rigz

I'm in the market for a new amp and cab. These heads have caught my attention the most. What are your thoughts?

Gk neo 410 vs MB 410HR?

2. NeonVomit

NeonVomit

Well... uh, what sound are you going for? What music do you play?

I know this is what people always say but there really is no substitute for trying out both and seeing which you like more. They're not all that similar, sound-wise. I personally could not be happier with my GK 700RB + NEO 410, it's exactly the sound I always wanted and suits my needs perfectly. I'm sure there are MB users who feel exactly the same about their rigs.

Both great brands however.

3. MrMcHaggis

MrMcHaggis

I agree with the tried and true "Try it before you but it"

I presently have my GK 1001RB (model 1, not 2) with a GK NEO 1x12-II and a MB SD1200 with matching 4x10.

I'm personally more inclined to the GK, truth be told. I think it's the cab more than the head, but the MB sounds "scooped" to me, even when I turn up the mids.

Still, both excellent pieces of equipment, so do try then both! But my vote's for the GK

4. ericdanger13

ericdanger13

I bought the markbass and I love it. I currently play with a 2x10 and a 1x12 cab. I'll eventually swap the 1x12 for a 1x15 or the whole thing for a 4x10 but that head will stay. Both are fantastic its just the one I ended up getting.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. RickC

RickC Supporting Member

You might also want to consider swapping the 2x10 for a 1x15. Really. My favorite cab combination with the LMIII was a UL2-115 and a UL2-112. Something magical about it.

/rick

7. Rigz

Rigz

Looking for a modern, punchy, midrangey tone. A fat, smooth bottom end that will still cut through two guitars. I'm playing groovy rock, with a heavyish edge. I do play distorted at times.

8. Rigz

Rigz

I'm also using a programmable sansamp bass driver

9. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

Sounds like a job best suited for the G-K.

10. DirkP

DirkP

I own a Little Mark II for nearly 10 years and still love it. Never thought about buying another amp. I even like to use the EQ for recording purposes. The little improvements in the LM III really make sense (separate Master Volume / Line Out). The EQ and the VLE and VPF are easy to control and I like what they are doing. Just looking at the LMIII I thought one could easily switch the effect loop between parallel and serial, but it seems to be still necessary to open the unit and change a jumper setting.

Dirk

11. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

The VLE and VPF are still post effects loop even if you change the internal jumpers to serial BTW.

12. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

I agree, based on what the OP said and the two amps in question.

:smug:

13. NeonVomit

NeonVomit

GK for you, then. I play metal and rock, and the sound is spectacular.

14. anton72

anton72 Supporting Member

I prefer LMII\III as it seems less colouring your tone and is clearer sounding which IMO is better platform for effects use. I always play with Darkglass B3K overdrive on which gives me a tube-like grit I want.