1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

opinions on this used Epi thunderbird

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RoccoI, Feb 14, 2014.

1. RoccoI

RoccoI

2. Bobster

Bobster

That's a bit more than I'd pay for a T-bird, even a reversed one.

If you decide to pick it up, be sure to check the headstock area and look for any sign of fretboard separation.

Headstock is the weakest point.

I did a quick look through the site and personally, I'd prefer this Peavey Milestone BXP for $135.

http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...-Peavey-Milestone-BXP-bass-W0QQAdIdZ566723513

I also saw this Yamaha BB450 for $280 which is a very good deal as well.

http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...-guitars-Yamaha-BB450-Bass-W0QQAdIdZ557864568

Good luck!

Bob
  3. Terracite

Terracite Supporting Member

A bass I've seen in person is worth way more than one that I would have to have shipped to me.

The case would be $100+ new. So even if only worth $50 used, that would be $250 for the bass. If it checks out, that's seems fair. You don't see these very often in stores.
  4. godofthunder59

godofthunder59 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Cataldo Basses, Whirlwind products, Thunderbucker pickups
    Pretty hard to come buy I think 300 with case is a good deal. Btw that is a Non reverse Thunderbird body not reverse.
  5. MarkoYYZ

MarkoYYZ Supporting Member

$300 is generally too much for a used Epi Tbird - but this one is not the typical model. You've got the non-reverse MIK model here, so with a case I would say even $350 would be a decent price - if you really wanted it - but if you can get it for less then that's even better. $300 is good.

Sweet first bass.
  6. RoccoI

RoccoI

Thanks for all the opinions guys. I might go and check out tomorrow if I can.
    Long and McQuade is having a sale this weekend that I want to check out first.
  7. RoccoI

RoccoI

I also found a goth epiphone thunderbird with case for $150. Are these any good?
  8. Haji

Haji

In good shape, I'd go for it. The only thing that makes that model a "goth", near as I can tell, is the pickguard graphic. That's a switchable part. If that bass is in good shape, I'd nab it just because $150 is cheap.