opinions on this used Epi thunderbird

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RoccoI, Feb 14, 2014.

1. RoccoI

RoccoI

2. Bobster

Bobster

That's a bit more than I'd pay for a T-bird, even a reversed one.

If you decide to pick it up, be sure to check the headstock area and look for any sign of fretboard separation.

Headstock is the weakest point.

I did a quick look through the site and personally, I'd prefer this Peavey Milestone BXP for $135.

http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...-Peavey-Milestone-BXP-bass-W0QQAdIdZ566723513

I also saw this Yamaha BB450 for $280 which is a very good deal as well.

http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...-guitars-Yamaha-BB450-Bass-W0QQAdIdZ557864568

Good luck!

Bob

3. Terracite

Terracite

A bass I've seen in person is worth way more than one that I would have to have shipped to me.

The case would be $100+ new. So even if only worth $50 used, that would be $250 for the bass. If it checks out, that's seems fair. You don't see these very often in stores.

4. godofthunder59

godofthunder59 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Cataldo Basses, Whirlwind products, Thunderbucker pickups
    Pretty hard to come buy I think 300 with case is a good deal. Btw that is a Non reverse Thunderbird body not reverse.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. MarkoYYZ

MarkoYYZ Supporting Member

$300 is generally too much for a used Epi Tbird - but this one is not the typical model. You've got the non-reverse MIK model here, so with a case I would say even $350 would be a decent price - if you really wanted it - but if you can get it for less then that's even better. $300 is good.

Sweet first bass.

7. RoccoI

RoccoI

Thanks for all the opinions guys. I might go and check out tomorrow if I can.
    Long and McQuade is having a sale this weekend that I want to check out first.

8. RoccoI

RoccoI

I also found a goth epiphone thunderbird with case for $150. Are these any good?

9. Haji

Haji

In good shape, I'd go for it. The only thing that makes that model a "goth", near as I can tell, is the pickguard graphic. That's a switchable part. If that bass is in good shape, I'd nab it just because $150 is cheap.