Opinions On Two Amps: Behringer BXL3000 And Fender Rumble 150

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by ebick, Dec 30, 2013.

1. ebick

ebick

I have been looking in the $200-$400 range for a combo with a 15" and at least 100w. It's truly amazing how everything you look at can have a number of excellent reviews and still have a couple of folks that say "Stay away"!

Anyway, I tried the Rumble 150 and thought it was strong, but then a friend of mine, who I also asked about it, said he uses and is very happy with the BXL3000.

So, I'll throw it out here and see what ya'll have to say.

Thanks in advance.

Ed

2. nutdog

nutdog Supporting Member

I picked up a Behringer 180watt 115 combo several years ago to leave at church. I don't use it anymore but it sits in one of the side worship rooms and gets used frequently. Runs fine and sounds decent but the power rating is a bit "optimistic". Never heard a rumble combo but the little amp heads sounded nice.

I just pulled the trigger on this for $400 shipped.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390728977211&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160

The genz offers the option of adding another speaker cab which I don't think you could do with the other two. Genz is very good quality. The head on this combo is supposed to be like the shuttle 6.2 without a couple of bells and whistles and the heavy duty chassis. This is about half of what they were going for before the phase out. Fender should still honor the 3 year warranty. It appears to be a stupidly good deal which is why I ordered one.

3. swamp_bass

swamp_bass I love it when a groove comes together Supporting Member

I spent a few hours this weekend in Sam Ash, then in Guitar Center listening to many amps and cabinets I've been reading about here in the forums, and my conclusion is: You absolutely MUST listen for yourself and choose the one you like! Each has its own unique sound, and at your price range, you have to choose what compromises you're willing to take because you will have to give something up.

Each combo has its own character sound, and what one person loves you may hate. The Fender Rumble shouldn't be too hard to find, but I Behringer is mainly mail order. Many of the mail order companies have generous return policies.

I personally have nothing against Behringer, but because of the general stigma, it will be harder to sell down the road than the Fender if/when you decide to upgrade.

4. fourstringgirl

fourstringgirl

Media:
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. ebick

ebick

Thanks all.

I would certainly not call myself knowledgeable, but I try to keep my head in the game. I had no idea that there was such disdain out there for Berhinger. I'm still not entirely sure why, but it does seem that the Fender may have better resale potential.