1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Opinions on Yorkville BassMaster 100?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by DrVenkman, Feb 18, 2010.

1. DrVenkman

DrVenkman

I'm looking at a Yorkville BassMaster 100. From what I can tell this is the older style (just looking at the pics). Looks like the newer ones have more of a metallic grid covering the speakers, this one more of a black mesh.

Anybody have any experience with these amps? Any opinions? I've found some reviews of other Yorkville amps but not this one.
  2. 62bass

62bass

I've tried all of the Yorkvilles and owned a couple. Still own the Yorkville 50 that is my second amp at home for teaching.

The 100 has more power obviously and a 15" speaker so it sounds louder and a bit deeper. But it's not a gigging amo if you need to play with loud guitars and drums in any sizeable room. Go to the Traynor 200 or bigger for that. For the price and what it is the Yorkville 100 is a good amp. It'd be nice for playing with an acoustc group and at home practice or maybe practice with a rock group in a very small rehearsal room. Yorkvilles are very reliable too.
  3. Metalbasshippy

Metalbasshippy

I have one and it's great I use it with my band (a 4 piece metal thing) and I can here myself pretty well over the guitars, drums and PA but I haven't tried it live yet
  4. loendmaestro

loendmaestro Supporting Member

Good solid amps. The older ones with blue carpet have black mesh metal speaker grilles. The last generation of them have the silver metallic 'grid' covering the speaker. Actually they no longer make Yorkville Bassmaster amps, they are now called Traynor Dynabass & are pretty similar. And yes, if you want to gig/jam get the 200w version.