Opinions wanted on new bass choice

Discussion in 'The Perfect Bass' started by sixgunluv, Apr 4, 2014.

1. sixgunluv

sixgunluv

After getting back into playing bass after 25 years i bought a used Godin Acoustibass(older model). I 've never owned a fretless but always wanted one. Problem is i need to take it back because one spot on the fingerboard has a buzz(D on the A string)... other than that i love it.
    So... here's my question. Since i can't find another older model Godin what do you guys think about these choices...for between $500-950 as i browse them on ebay.

Warwick Rock,Corvette
    Boulder Creek 5 String Fretless
    Steinberger Spirit Fretless
    Carvin 5 string
    Warmoth 5 string fretless
    Fender Jazz Fretless

I do like the Godin, is there any reason not to buy a newer one? A4-A5

My preferences are a softer fretless sound....think "The Firm"
  2. SoCalBassman

SoCalBassman

I have the Boulder Creek 5-string fretless with D'Addario Tapewounds on it. It sounds and plays pretty good.

They have the A4-A5 and the A4-A5 Ultra. If you're looking for more acoustic sound you'll want to get the regular. The Ultra has a pick-up on the body at the bridge location
  3. ThePerfectBass

ThePerfectBass Supporting Member

Have you thought about getting the fingerboard trued up by a good repair guy? If it's older it may just need a high spot leveled out...

Peace!
  4. sixgunluv

sixgunluv

Well... i decided to take the Godin Acousticastor back where i got it. Then i found a Warwick Corvette Standard Made in Germany for $625. I'm happy with my decision, i like the fact that the nut on the Vette is adjustable and it sounds great.

[​IMG][​IMG]
  5. Register to disable this ad