1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

optimal cabs for certain speakers

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by IWillFlyOneDay, Oct 12, 2013.

1. IWillFlyOneDay

IWillFlyOneDay

So, admittedly I don't know too much about how cab design affects speaker performance. My main rig is an early 70's v4 into a 90's ampeg 810e (which I want to replace with a flatback). I might be coming into an old Randall R-215s and I was thinking about outfitting it with EV EVM15L's or Kappalite 3015's and using a GK 800rb. Would these speakers work well in this cabinet?
  2. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

What are the cab and port dimensions?

3015 is tolerant of a wide range of tunings but you should check before spending up big.
  3. gearhead1972

gearhead1972

Here are the specs on the 3015lf
    and the suggested cabinet design
    Even in the small bass cabinet specs it calls for 3.606 cu.ft and 4 3.5" ports at 8.5" long thats for one driver

Download Winisd and plug the small thiel numbers of your driver into the program if they are not listed and it will give you optimal box dimensions and port sizes
  4. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

That is a subwoofer LF, you don't want those for full range bass.
  5. gearhead1972

gearhead1972

oops got fearful on my mind as of late
  6. gearhead1972

gearhead1972

7. Vince Klortho

Vince Klortho

Eminence calls it the Kappalite 3015. There is no "HO" in its model designation.
  8. gearhead1972

gearhead1972

That better?