1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Options for 115: GK Neo 115 vs ashdown mag 115

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by iseeillusions, Jan 22, 2014.

1. iseeillusions

iseeillusions

Hey fellow bass friends!

I play a musicman 5 string with a 2x10 GK neodymium combo. I can hook up a cab to it (8ohm). Obviously I need more low end and I am struggling between many options but most specifically between the Ashdown Mag or a matching GK Neo. I'm open to suggestions but weight is important since I'll be gigging a lot this year and of course tone is essential. Tell me what you think is the better choice or suggest something new!
  2. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Another GK 210 with the same speakers.

:bassist:
  3. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Kohlman Bassworks
    +1 to adding another 2x10 cab. The sound will be thunderous!
  4. birminghambass

birminghambass Supporting Member

I've gigged that cab paired with the neo 15. The 15 does not have any more low end than the 210. It definitely has more mids but not more bass. A 210 on the bottom is what you want.
  5. mattfong

mattfong

To my ears the Neo 115 sounded quite a bit better than the Neo 210. Haven't played the Ashdown cab but I can definitely recommend the GK 115.
  6. eriky4003

eriky4003

Neo 210 and 115 is my gigging rig, so I'm a fan. The esthetic is also there as the 210 sits exactly on the 115.
    That said, I pieced this together before reading all recommendations of matching cabs. As a new member, you may want to look up threads on matched cabinets and why it's recommended.
  7. birminghambass

birminghambass Supporting Member

I sold the 210 and use two 1x15s. Love it!