1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

orange ad200 mk3 + ampeg prtaflex cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Gommerspider, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Gommerspider

Gommerspider

Hi all,
    been reading this forum for a while and i have to say it has been great help on advice.

Now to my dillema,
    My current setup is an orange ad200 mk3 with an ebs 4x10 classic line. With my band we play sould and funk so i like the vintage sound produced.
    Although my sound is great, weight is not :cool:
    Playing in small venues this rig is an overkill and too much for me to carry.
    So i am thinking of replacing the cab for small gigs to a 2x10 or a 1x15 with the orange on.
    I have read that the ampeg portaflex cabs are nice and having an ampeg before, i remember the good sound.

I would like some advice on these ampeg cabs with my orange if anyone have tried them together or if there would be any issues combining them together.
    Later on I will also get the pf-350 head but for now i will be with the orange all the time
    My head has the option to put the 8ohm speaker on.
    So far I tend to like more the PF-210HE.
  2. rodl2005

rodl2005

The PF115HE & from what I hear, the PF210HE (don't know about the LF's) are cool sounding, but don't handle a lotta power.
    I have 2 PF115's (now loaded with Eminence 3015 drivers) & with the stock drivers, they'd easily fart out when running my Fender Studio Bass 200w tube amp loud.
    One by itself didn't really handle our rehearsal volumes (the Emi 3015's fixed that tho)
    Great sounding, but fairly lightweight in volume capabilities.
    2 of them's better of course....
  3. Gommerspider

Gommerspider

Usually my top volume needed at gigs is 1 'o clock volume and 11 'o clock gain with the ebs 4x10. So i never had to strain my monster.
    Given these circumstances you think that the PF115HE or the PF210HE will fart out?

Also checking the Orange Sp212 cab now. Maybe going to try tomorrow all of them:)
  4. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

The iso design has its perks. Fuller sound out of a smaller box. But you gain no increase in volume or sensitivity from the second speaker, you do gain weight though. So you have a small box, that weighs a lot, only has the output of a 112, and may sound pleasing to your ear. :(