1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Orange Amps ??

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Crazydawg, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Crazydawg

Crazydawg

Does anyone have feedback on the Orange Amplifiers Crush PiX Bass Series CR100BXT 100W 1x15 Bass Combo Amp? Thanks :bassist:

2. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

Its a combo. You get what you get.

3. DannyBob

DannyBob

Orange make nice sounding amps for rock and metal. Not much else IMO. You don't get much power for the money, and I think the only reason many people go for them is because of the colour being orange (usually) and standing out - I should know, I almost bought one for that reason. I would rather save up a bit more money and go for a Markbass CMD JB Players School. Sounds much nicer (unless you play rock/metal) and has over double the power. Or if you can't wait go for a Laney RB8.

4. LedReign

LedReign

i use that amp at the college i play at. it is a good amp, but nothing special

if its the classic orange tone you are looking for, you probably dont want this amp. you either want the ad200 or one of the tiny terrors.

if you are just looking for a 1x15 combo, you could find a lot better deals out there

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. LedReign

LedReign

what does genre have to do with it? i play jazz, blues, funk, and rock through my orange. you buy an amp because of its tone. if your only concern of an amp is the color, you might as well buy a peavy and throw some wrapping paper around it

7. TrevorOfDoom

TrevorOfDoom Supporting Member

are you looking to play out?
    If so, I'd suggest a higher wattage amp.

If you just want a practice amp that could be used for a jam or two, this'll do it, but unless you want the Orange tone, there are better priced options.

for the record, I love my Orange TB500. I use it to play country, rock, funk, singer-songwriter what-have-you, church work, and just about anything else.
    As someone else said, play what sounds good to you.

8. funkingroovin

funkingroovin Conquering A-D-D,and all the other notes as well!

I was wanting one of those SO BAD for at home jamming and possibly the occasional coffee shop gig,until I got to try one at GC..The only thing it had over my trusty ol' Fender BXR combo was it's poppin' orange tolex..I stuck with the Fender. Like LedReign said,if it's the classic Orange tone you seek,you'll be disappointed.

9. Tim1

Tim1

Orange crush is much like any big name's entry level comb/starter. Outsourced manufacture and nothing like the top of the line rigs that earned the company its name.

10. AaronVonRock

AaronVonRock

I have a Orange TB500 and love it. I tried out the Orange combo amps and wasn't as impressed. They sound good but like others said, they don't have that Orange sound.

11. aproud1

aproud1 I don't feel tardy? Gold Supporting Member

+1. If you are looking for a good combo there are better for the money. I looooove my Terror Bass. The combos look orange but do not sound orange.

12. Mr. Foxen

Mr. Foxen

Disclosures:
    Amp tinkerer at Ampstack
    Outsourced manufacture is exactly what made the company their name, they outsourced to Matamp.