1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Orange OBC410 plus OBC150 or OBC210?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by JK_Turin, Apr 15, 2014.

1. JK_Turin

JK_Turin

Hey all,

looking for some advice from Orange amp users...what set up would you recommend OBC410 plus an OBC115 or a OBC410 and a OBC210? (to be used with a Terror 500)

Mainly looking for clarity and ability to push air.

Thanks

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    A second 410 will push far more air, with more clarity, than adding a 115 or 210.

3. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    +1

If I was going to play through Orange cabs, it would be through two of their 115's. I would never buy an orange cab, as they are quite overpriced for their performance margin compared to other local options.

4. JBNeedsBeer

JBNeedsBeer

+1 for another OBC410 and a back brace.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. P-oddz

P-oddz Supporting Member

The OBC410 is not a light cab indeed.
    I own the OCB115 and the OBC410. Opting for a matching 410 as mentioned above will probably be your best bet as mixing cabs is not optimal. That said, I DO use both for bigger shows we play. They get loud, but they do tend to put out a slightly different tone and the 115 seems to carry the weight over the 410.

If you plan on using the full setup at all times - I would probably suggest going for the matching 410s or as mentioned above, matching 115 cabs. If the goal is on having a modular setup that can be halved for playing smaller venues, I personally think the 115/410 setup is a decent solution and would prefer what the 115 is capable of over the 210 (but that is also just my preference for the 15's response).

7. mancefine

mancefine

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Orange Amplifiers and Spector Basses
    I don't care what peoplel say about matching cabs, I have the OBC 410/115 set up and it sounds amazing. Maybe if your talking a crappy ampeg 210 and 115 it doesn't sound good, but the Orange set up sounds amazing. Best of both worlds.

monkeyxx and JK_Turin like this.
  8. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    The whole "anti 410 with 115" thing has never been about whether it sounds good, or anything to do with quality or crappiness of the cabs.