Orange Terror Bass 500 Problem

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by iceman37, Oct 27, 2013.

1. iceman37

iceman37

Hello everyone I am new to posting on this forum by I have found this community to be the most helpful with trouble shooting and with reviews in the past. I recently purchased and actually had to send back an orange terror bass 500 amp. I had to send it back because of a preamp issue it had out of the box. My problem is that when I got my new one it played great and sounded amazing the first day for roughly three hours of playing. The second day however I ran into a snag. while i was setting my peddles up i left it on stand by. I turned it on after i was set up and the volume and gain had been bumped to about three quarters to full. well when i took my hand off the strings the amplifier turned itself off and then back on again and since then no sound comes out. The only thing that changed was the bass I was using when it worked i was using a fender jaguar modern player with passive p/j pickups. When it crapped out i was using an ibanez iceman with active humbuckers. Any ideas at all? I would like to solve the problem without sending it back because of gigs i have this week

2. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

Start from square one and go direct from your passive bass direct to amp (no pedals), if that works add things one at a time till you find the bad link. Be sure your SPEAKER cables are fully inserted. You are using speaker cables right? :)

3. iceman37

iceman37

yes i used speaker cables and i tried that I tried four different basses with and without the peddle board connected. I am at a loss still

4. B-string

Try plugging your bass direct into the effects return jack. The volume will be lower if the poweramp is okay, but you will get sound. If you do get sound it could be a new preamp tube that failed (or even loose from shipping).

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. iceman37

iceman37

hmm alright i can definitely try that thank you much for your help and i will reply back on whether or not it works

7. iceman37

iceman37

No luck at all no sound comes out. what a bummer. any ideas?

8. B-string

None that will be of any help. Sorry, either the power supply or power amp has a failure. All I can suggest at this point is another exchange and borrow/rent an amp for your upcoming needs. :(

Last thought? Have you tried a different known good speaker cable incase that is defective?

9. iceman37

iceman37

yeah i did that alright thank you a lot for your help

10. B-string

Sorry wish we could have found an easy fix. :/