1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please make yourself at home! I've deleted the previous "migration" threads, please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

order of effects in the signal chain

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bassmeknik, Jan 23, 2014.

1. bassmeknik

bassmeknik

Hello all, I have a compressor, an EQ, and a multi effects (mostly used for reverb or delay). I would like to put them all in the effects loop of my SVT4 Pro. The bass goes from a Line 6 G50 to the amp.

The question I have is what order should I try first? I know there is a compressor guru lurking on here and I know he has an opinion on it. I'm being lazy tonight so instead of looking it up has anyone that has used a similar effects chain got an opinion here? (like eq last, comp first, multi-effect in the middle...)

Thank you
  2. xanquist

xanquist

Well on my eden navigator preamp the compressor is the very first thing, even before the input gain stage. Depending your technique and desired sound, I would go wireless, comp, amp, (loop) eq, multi.
  3. bassmeknik

bassmeknik

thank you, any others?
  4. BFunk

BFunk Gold Supporting Member

5. bassmeknik

bassmeknik