Ordering a Bass from zZounds.com

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dradder, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Dradder

Dradder

Anyone have any experiences with mail-ordering a bass from zZounds.com? Good, bad, indifferent? Thanks!
  2. Casting Thunder

Casting Thunder

I ordered a tuner from them which came to me broken, the customer service replaced it without an issue.
  3. cableguy

cableguy Supporting Member

+1

I ordered a Line 6 bass pod xt live and it developed issues. The replaced it right away and sent a call tag to pick up the 1st one. Great CS with me.
  4. fourstringgirl

fourstringgirl

Media:
    Haven't used them yet. AMS is fantastic and Gearhounds sucks balls. I've ordered once from GC online and had a great transaction with them.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. headband

headband Supporting Member

Ordered from them many times - I had one return (a bass) and it was done promptly with a new one on the way before the original had even been picked up for return.
  7. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

I haven't ordered any instruments from them, but have probably placed atleast 10 orders with them - no complaints here...

- georgestrings
  8. jlepre

jlepre

I ordered my VM 5 Jazz and Line 6 G30 wireless without any issues. I even took advantage of their 4 payment plan. They also beat any sale price I could find.
  9. dominic54321

dominic54321

I've ordered numerous items from zzounds. Great customer service. One of the priciest items was a Fender American Deluxe 5 string bass. The electronics had a grounding issue. They accepted the return, paid for all shipping both ways, and shipped out the new bass all withing a day or 2. I highly recommend zzounds. They'll also pricematch AND beat any other advertised price. goodluck.
  10. rocksmoot

rocksmoot

Zzounds rocks.
  11. himluis1

himluis1

I bought a bass and amp , return a bad bass , they send me a new bass , no problems or issues ... Good CS , good prices
  12. Double Agent

Double Agent Supporting Member

Bought a guitar amp (Fender Deluxe Reverb RI) from them and an Ampeg SVT7-Pro. Both transactions were incident free. No basses or guitars yet, but I wouldn't hesitate based on my experiences.
  13. generation zero

generation zero Supporting Member

Bought two Gibson Les Paul basses, a Fender Antigua Burst Jazz bass, and a Gibson 60's Tribute Les Paul. All four arrived in perfect shape, with no problems whatsoever. They're super cool to deal with too, I've had to adjust a payment date back a few days once or twice, and they've never given me any problems with that either. (Used the 12 month payment plan on the 3 Gibsons, 8 month plan on the Fender.) Totally cool company, I'd buy from them again in a heartbeat. Sweetwater is another great company to deal with, as good if not better than Zzounds. Can't go wrong in my opinion with either one!
  14. Templar

Templar Supporting Member

Zzounds has always been good to me, although it's been a while since I've used them.
  15. Zoomie

Zoomie Supporting Member

I have ordered 4 or 5 basses, and a ton of gear.

Stellar customer service.
  16. BossOnBass

BossOnBass

I've ordered a lot of gear from zzounds over the past 6 or 7 years. They have been great to deal with. Transactions have always been smooth.
  17. joeeg33

joeeg33 Supporting Member

Zzounds, and AMS,(American Musical Supply) are the same company. Both in the same building in NJ. They also have a warehouse in the mid west.
  18. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

I ordered a B-stock Ken Smith KSD Burner 6-string from zZounds for $749 in December 2012. There were a few dings in the body and a small ding on the tip of the headstock, both of which had already been disclosed on the website so I had no surprises. Even taking the few bumps into consideration, I'd say the bass is a solid 7.5 out of 10.

The shipment arrived on time, so no problems there. The packaging, I'll give zZounds a 4 out of 10. It arrived in an instrument box simply stuffed with crumpled up newspaper. The box arrived with a few holes. It could be either they re-used an old box, or perhaps the bass might have received one or more extra dings.

In any case, I like the bass & will be keeping it. It has a nice wide neck like my Warwick Thumb BO 6. Great tone!

[​IMG]
  19. Nephilymbass

Nephilymbass Supporting Member

Not for basses. I've never bought a new bass without playing it first. Because with basses how it feels is a big issue to me. I have however bought cabs, amps, and other gear and had no issues. I do prefer AMS myself. Been using their interest free easy payment plan to get gear for years. Several of the others followed them in offering similar deals
  20. jlepre

jlepre

Thank you for not answering the OP. Now back to our regularly scheduled program....
  21. KeddyLee

KeddyLee

I've used them for strings and parts. Never bought a bass from them but I have had good experiences from ZZ. No complaints.