Ordering from Bass Central...Feedback?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MattyH, Jan 22, 2014.

1. MattyH

MattyH

Hey community. Just a quick question.

I was wondering if anyone has any feedback from experience from ordering off of Bass Central. I've always done the Musicians Friend, Sweetwater thing, and they're great. But Bass Central has a few basses I'm considering, in stock, in the specific colors and options I want, that are normally a little harder to find.

I'm not looking to order anything RIGHT NOW. I'm just scoping around. Deciding what bass will suppress my GAS. Narrowing down etc.

So, feedback? Good reviews for a hopefully good seller? i.e. costumer service, shipping, quality, standard wait time.

Thanks all!
  2. Laklandfan

Laklandfan Supporting Member

There's a few reviews under the Bass Central topic in the sponsored forums section of TB.
  3. MattyH

MattyH

Cool thanks I'll check that out. PS - I appreciate your response. Laklands are what I'm looking at, and I visited NOLA this past October, and can't wait to go back!
  4. Selta

Selta

Disclosures:
    Uncompensated endorsing user: EBMM
    Just a heads up - it may be displayed on their website, but that doesn't mean it is in stock. You'll have to call them to be sure.
  5. MattyH

MattyH

Yup definitely. I'd hope the ones I'm looking at are still there, because other ones around them have been marked as sold since looking. So I'm thinking if they were updating those, they'd update the ones I'm looking at as well, if they're indeed sold. If they are, no biggie, I'll order from the factory, or track down the models somewhere else. If not, even better.
  6. Laklandfan

Laklandfan Supporting Member

Yep, issues with that are brought in the Bass Central section.
  7. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Don't just TalkBass - PlayBass! Supporting Member

The ones you are looking at now will most likely be sold, too, before you actually buy one. ;)

I have bought from them a couple times and visited there while on a trip down that way in '05, when I bought my Rick Turner RB4FL from them.

Buy with confidence (when you finally do get around to it). :cool:
  8. MattyH

MattyH

Haha I've had many basses and I play about 100 weddings a year, plus bars and other misc. events. Confidence while buying isn't a problem! It's more about that GAS hitting, and becoming very excited about EVERYTHING you see! Haha :hyper: BUT, I'll control myself, and ultimately get what I need.

If it's not sold out...
  9. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Don't just TalkBass - PlayBass! Supporting Member

You should make the pilgrimage to Orlando. :bassist:
  10. Bassist Jay

Bassist Jay

Disclosures:
    Sales Representative for Zane Guitars.
    I ordered my Breast Cancer Awareness bass from them and 5 different Bongo's with the 5th one currently being built right now. I have never had a single issue with those guys. They have always been great to deal with.
  11. ncapone

ncapone

I preordered a PDN StingRay from them and while it took a while to get to the factory, they set it up nicely and shipped it out. I only live an hour from them so I got it next day. Great people too, with a great selection.
  12. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Bass Central is the original bass-only store and they are great. Beaver and Dave are friends, and I have bought from them a few times and been quite happy with their service and quality.
  13. Roy Vogt

Roy Vogt Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Accuracy, Carvin, Hotwire, Conklin Basses, DNA, Eden
    Beaver and Grasshopper are the Real Deal! Great friends and let's face it when else will you get the opportunity to buy a great bass from someone named Beaver or Grasshopper? :D
  14. Steve S

Steve S

I've bought several basses and amps from them. All arrived quickly and in great shape.
  15. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Great place
  16. line6bassist

line6bassist Supporting Member

I brought a couple of basses from them in the past..GREAT SERVICE!!!
  17. superdick2112

superdick2112 Registered Spector Addict

I have purchased two Spector basses from Beaver at BC, and both transactions went perfectly. Great service, great pricing and an overall great experience.
    Highly recommended!
  18. BassistForJesus

BassistForJesus

If you are after Laklands, check out Bass Club Chicago. They typically have immediate access to custom Laklands since Lakland is based out of Chicago. Bass Central guys are top notch as well.
  19. Dragan

Dragan

I ordered Lakland DJ couple years ago from them (Bass Central) and scored Lakland case from them as a gift! They are top notch pros and Id recommend them everytime!
  20. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Beaver Felton?