1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Other instruments.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Exxcell, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Exxcell

Exxcell

I'm curious as to how many of you guys play other instruments. I know quite a few of you play guitar and drums. But, I want to know how many of you play orchestra center instruments.

I play the Tuba and Euphonium/Baritone predominately along with a few others that I learned in high school.

How about you?
  2. BassChuck

BassChuck Supporting Member

I have a degree in trumpet and did graduate performance on french horn. I play a little piano too, but not publically. I didn't start bass until I was 20.
  3. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Supporting Member

Trombone, and a little bit of DB.
  4. Clef_de_fa

Clef_de_fa

I have a degree on the DB, so I play DB and EB a lot. But of course with a degree in music you have to sing and know piano a little. I also have a classical guitar but I'm not good at all since I never practice.
  5. slobake

slobake Supporting Member

I play a mediocre to poor guitar, a mean jaw harp and I want to pick up a didgeridoo.
  6. Topspin

Topspin

Trombone, ukulele, and enough guitar to get by when needed.
  7. FrenchBassQC

FrenchBassQC Supporting Member

Guitar, sax, trombone, percussion and keys....
  8. BIG97BEN

BIG97BEN Supporting Member

I've played Bari Sax through college. I got stuck on bass in a high school band and stuck with it after that. It's hard to find good bass players, of course the same could be said of Bari players as well.
  9. capnsandwich

capnsandwich

Saxophone, Baritone, tenor, alto and soprano.
  10. SoonerMatt

SoonerMatt It looks like a mira- IT'S IN THE HOLE! Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Beta Tester: Fuzzhugger(fx)
    Used to be a beast on piano but it's been quite a while. I can still noodle on guitar somewhat decently. If I ever put the time in I'd be just as proficient on them as I am bass.
  11. nutso42

nutso42

Started playing piano when I was 9
    Started playing bass when I was 14
    Started guitar when I was 15
    Started saxophone when I was 19

Up next: Cello!
  12. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

Play guitar and a little bit on harmonica. Really want to pick up the saxophone and double bass.
  13. stratovani

stratovani

Been fooling around on keys since the mid 60s. Been playing guitar since 1972. Been playing bass since 2007.

It seems that we get threads like this almost every month, almost as often as the "what kind of pick do you use" threads.
  14. mkandolf

mkandolf

Bass (primary) and tenor trombones. Most low brass isntruments. The DB. Drums and percussion.
  15. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

My other instrument is pretty much just guitar. I have a ukelele, which is just a cheap souvenir/toy purchased during a vacation in Hawaii.

My Dad has owned an old Gibson Banjo since I was a kid. I sort of goofed around with it here and there, but never really "sunk my teeth" into it. Perhaps if I heard Bela Fleck when I was young, I might have paid more attention to the banjo.

As many times as I tried drums, I just can't seem to catch on, moving arms & legs together, syncopation, etc. I find it difficult. Then again, I haven't tried for any extended length of time.
  16. Illini10

Illini10

Percussion in HS jazz band (congas), marching band (bass drum and cymbals), and concert band (bass drum and cymbals). Bass, guitar and harmonica.
  17. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

As another bandmate and myself would say we are not putting anything in our mouths and blowing :D

Just a joke for saying I play no horns but do play guitar,uke,mandolin.
  18. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member

I'm a passable singer, a bad keyboard player and I do ok on mandolin and mandocello.
  19. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

Have you tried sucking?

20. Catbuster

Catbuster

Trumpet, digeridoo and I can do seriously goo bass vocals...